"Strasburg, PA" Strasburg by billus

Strasburg Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 72 photos

Strasburg PA is world famous in Pennsylvania, mostly for its railway museum and timeless Amish garb. Most of the latter emigrated from the Palatinate and Alsace-Lorraigne.

My latest fetish is stone walls. They would never hurt anyone, unless provoked. A stone wall is your friend! Every one is different, different stone color, masonry, or mortar. Even if they all look the same. And they're so boring. Come to think of it, I'm sick of stone walls.

The wacky zany Amish in their obsolete, 1 horsepower (!) buggies. Why don't t they get with the program and assimilate? Get a Toyota, a job at Circuit City, sell the farm, settle down and live for the good times. Try it. You'll like it.

(paraphrased from John Updike "Rabbit is Rich")

• Intro Updated Jan 7, 2004

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 1:39 PM

Your humorous comments on the Strasburg page made me smile! The "Plain People" could teach us a few things, though, I think. Look what they save on gas???

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2004 at 7:54 PM

Stone walls were never my friend especially after a downhill run on my bike:-) With insurance prices like that the Amish definitely need autos. Clothes photos are definitely more attractive than mug shots.

billus

“there is no plan B”

Badges & Stats in Strasburg

Have you been to Strasburg?

Latest Activity in Strasburg