"German Gravestones" Top 5 Page for this destination Kutztown by billus
Kutztown Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 26 photos
Southeastern Pennsylvania was largely settled by Germans in the 18th Century. But it never fails to amaze me to see a church off the highway, pull in and see scores of these Fraktur headstones.
These barns are cleverly designed to allow ventilation even with very little air movement. Behind these "wind eyes" (windows) the walls open up at a sharp angle. This masonry construction harks back to a Bavarian/Swiss model dating back to the middle ages.
billus' Related Pages
Kutztown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kutztown, PA (between Reading and Allentown)"
- "Kutztown, PA"
- "German Gravestones"
- "SwedishChef's Kutztown Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutztown
- Transportation in Kutztown
- Restaurants in Kutztown
- Shopping in Kutztown
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutztown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutztown
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kutztown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutztown
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 49 reviews, 164 photos, 9 travelogues
- Ceske Budejovice Intro, 26 reviews, 103 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 50 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olomouc Intro, 23 reviews, 92 photos, 8 travelogues
- Plzen Intro, 27 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos, 6 travelogues
- Liège Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos