"KAUNAS" Kaunas by billus
Kaunas Travel Guide: 970 reviews and 1,714 photos
Kaunas - the city of broken dreams. I lost my pictures due to a faulty Canonette (Mark VI), but will be reunited with them in the hereafter. I just bought a new Canonette in Aachen so I will have to go back...and break that one too.
Lithuanian may be an Indo-European language, unlike the remote Finno-Ugric Estonian, but I still couldn't read the bus or train schedules. At least the Estonian has the familiar months of the year; e.g., januar, veebruar, maerts...in Lithuanian this is rendered sausis, vasaris, kovas. Days of the week are equally hopeless in Lithuanian... but in Baltic languages, Monday translates as "first day", tuesday is "second day"...or pirmadienis, antradienis, treciadienis, ketvirtadienis.
billus' Related Pages
Kaunas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, peaceful, quiet and old"
- "Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania"
- "Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city"
- "Really liked this place........"
- "Kaunas - Lithuanian capital in interwar period"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaunas
- Hotels in Kaunas
- Transportation in Kaunas
- Nightlife in Kaunas
- Restaurants in Kaunas
- Shopping in Kaunas
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaunas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaunas
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaunas
Photos in KaunasSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 49 reviews, 164 photos, 9 travelogues
- Ceske Budejovice Intro, 26 reviews, 103 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 50 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Olomouc Intro, 23 reviews, 92 photos, 8 travelogues
- Plzen Intro, 27 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos, 6 travelogues
- Liège Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos