"Where Japan starts feeling Japan" Wakayama-ken by Circle88
Wakayama-ken Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 397 photos
Wakayama prefecture is quite big. At the Northwest side along the coast line is Wakayama city the main city. The rest of Wakayama is not easily accesible by public transport so renting a car is reccomended.
Wakayama city features a castle as its main atraction. One can catch a ferry from here to Tokushima in Shikoku. I wouldnt bother visiting unless you have things to do or live in the area.
Well the rest is definately worth exploring. In the south part around Kushimoto one can enjoy a variety of outdoor sports like diving, hiking, fishing, canoeing etc. The mountains are also worth checking out with no1 destination Koya san 高野山. Koya san is easily accesible by train from Osaka.
- Pros:Diverse Beautiful quiet
- Cons:Need a car
- In a nutshell:Wave meets Mountain
Kushimoto Marine Park is a great stop on your way to Kushimoto. The aquarium section is rather small especially when... more travel advice
Circle88's Related Pages
Wakayama-ken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unexplored, (Relatively) Undeveloped Kansai"
- "One of my favorites! Katsuura hot spring!!!"
- "Where Japan starts feeling Japan"
- "kouya san"
- "Towns in Wakayama Prefecture, Japan"
- "Wonderful places to discover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wakayama-ken
- Hotels in Wakayama-ken
- Transportation in Wakayama-ken
- Nightlife in Wakayama-ken
- Restaurants in Wakayama-ken
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakayama-ken
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakayama-ken
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Wakayama-ken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakayama-ken
- Osaka Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Wakayama-ken Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Kurama Intro, 1 review
- Shirahama Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.