"Tips I've learned and maybe more" Daphnita's Profile
How many of these did you know? I found these out after a lot of research, and they helped me a lot. Feel free to add your own!
1. The Half-Fare Card train pass actually gives 50% discount on the Jungfrau train lines (unlike the other passes, which give 25%)
2. You can check in your luggage in another country's airport (or any Swiss airport or train station), and get it at your hotel or any train station, however small, for a relatively small fee compared to the comfort and savings not having to go straight to the hotel to leave the suitcase.
3. You can conserve your query in SBB website timetables and only make changes to it, by clicking on "change query" instead of going back on your browser.
4. The Half-Fare Card pass gives 50% off on scenic train rides - eg Golden Pass panoramic train.
5. There's a website forum in Myswissalps.com where you get almost immediate answers from experts on ANY question you may have about rail passes in Switzerland.
6. There actually is such a thing as a synoptic map of Swiss rail with legend in ENGLISH.
7. The awesome Ballenberg Museum is free with the Swiss Pass.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Travel Lucerne Forum "Re: 3 Day trip to Lucerne"
- Daphnita and globetrott are now friends.
- Commented on one of globetrott's Lauterbrunnen travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Tips I've learned and maybe more"
- Wrote a Review Schoenburg Castle, Oberwesel, Rhine, Germany in Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do