"Westbank neighborhood" Algiers by dustmon
Algiers Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 79 photos
Rented the "Belleville" cottage for 4 nights as a base for visiting Nawlins and did not regret it! The ferry was easy and only $1 roundtrip fare across to the French Quarter and back. Not much happening here, but it has a few good places to eat, and they were filming a movie at The Old Point Bar, where scenes from Ray and other movies have been filmed...One of the workers said the movie was Old Boy (which may be the Spike Lee remake due out early next year).
On your walkies around the neighborhood, check out this traditional New Orleans house and its history----the plaque... more travel advice
The Old Point Bar is a place where several movies have been filmed including "Ray"---they advertise "The most filmed bar... more travel advice
dustmon's Related Pages
Algiers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Free Ferry Ride for Pedestrians"
- "Westbank neighborhood"
- "Historic Algiers - Home To Mardi Gras World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Algiers
- Hotels in Algiers
- Transportation in Algiers
- Nightlife in Algiers
- Restaurants in Algiers
- Shopping in Algiers
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Algiers
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Algiers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algiers
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 152 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 95 reviews, 161 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 128 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 106 reviews, 100 photos
- Kennesaw Intro, 55 reviews, 57 photos
- Mal País Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Duluth Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Helen Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos