"Koversada visit 2009 via Gatwick" Top 5 Page for this destination Vrsar by dustmon

Vrsar Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 131 photos

Journey through futility to nakedivity!

Got a great singles-only deal from Peng Travel of 550 pounds for one week at Koversada half board, including flights to and from Gatwick and Croatia.....an incredible deal so I grabbed it for the first week in September 2009. Things went South almost immediately when Delta left my suitcase in Atlanta---I only got my bag on the day before returning to the USA! Good thing it was a nudist place, huh? Actually not, cuz you have to dress for meals and the walk into the nearby village of Vrsar, so I had to buy some shorts and a tshirt at the harbor shops to tide me until the bag got to me. The resort was very relaxing---see my review of Koversada. Vrsar is a great place to just walk around---it is situated on a steep hill which makes for great views around, but can be hard for some to make it to the top.
Don't make the mistake I made and stay at the Hilton at Gatwick---hard beds!!!!! Check out the old quarry at the mouth of the harbor for interesting statues placed here and there.

• Pros:beautiful, fresh oysters, friendly folk, good beer
  • Cons:steep hill, hot sun
  • In a nutshell:A lovely village in Croatia
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2010

dustmon

“travel to step outside of yourself and view the world through a wider lens than our everyday lives allow.”

Badges & Stats in Vrsar