"Koversada visit 2009 via Gatwick" Top 5 Page for this destination Vrsar by dustmon
Vrsar Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 131 photos
Got a great singles-only deal from Peng Travel of 550 pounds for one week at Koversada half board, including flights to and from Gatwick and Croatia.....an incredible deal so I grabbed it for the first week in September 2009. Things went South almost immediately when Delta left my suitcase in Atlanta---I only got my bag on the day before returning to the USA! Good thing it was a nudist place, huh? Actually not, cuz you have to dress for meals and the walk into the nearby village of Vrsar, so I had to buy some shorts and a tshirt at the harbor shops to tide me until the bag got to me. The resort was very relaxing---see my review of Koversada. Vrsar is a great place to just walk around---it is situated on a steep hill which makes for great views around, but can be hard for some to make it to the top.
Don't make the mistake I made and stay at the Hilton at Gatwick---hard beds!!!!! Check out the old quarry at the mouth of the harbor for interesting statues placed here and there.
- Pros:beautiful, fresh oysters, friendly folk, good beer
- Cons:steep hill, hot sun
- In a nutshell:A lovely village in Croatia
Stayed at Koversada last August 2009 and had a wonderful, if trying vacation there. Delta left my suitcase in Atlanta,... more travel advice
There is a small "Tourist Train" of about 4 cars (like a Kiddie train) that can take you to the top of the hill, for... more travel advice
dustmon's Related Pages
Vrsar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Vrsar !"
- "Koversada visit 2009 via Gatwick"
- "Beautiful View"
- "A quiet little village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vrsar
- Hotels in Vrsar
- Transportation in Vrsar
- Nightlife in Vrsar
- Restaurants in Vrsar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vrsar
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Vrsar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vrsar
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 152 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 95 reviews, 161 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 128 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 106 reviews, 100 photos
- Kennesaw Intro, 55 reviews, 57 photos
- Mal País Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Duluth Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Helen Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos