"Great Library and a cool walk back to the ship!" Melk by dustmon
Melk Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 850 photos
This was another great stop for us on our Viking Danube River Cruise. The tour through the Library itself was wonderful (I am a big book lover!) but the main fun was had on the walk down the hill back to our ship. Walking through Melk proper led us to fresh strawberries just picked from the farm down the road, a good cuppa at a cafe, another gorgeous church that we would have missed had we taken the bus back to the ship, and many other views.
I really looked forward to this, as I am a big lover of Books---The main room with all the books is really magnificent... more travel advice
Just what it says, it has a great cup of joe, right on the main road coming down from the Abbey above. An easy stop for... more travel advice
dustmon's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 152 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 95 reviews, 161 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 128 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 106 reviews, 100 photos
- Kennesaw Intro, 55 reviews, 57 photos
- Mal País Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Duluth Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Helen Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos