"Negril West End Cliffs" Top 5 Page for this destination Negril by dustmon
Negril Travel Guide: 454 reviews and 1,032 photos
The Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica are the best, least expensive vacation close to my home of Atlanta, Georgia. Delta flies there often and Air Tran is starting a non-stop flight from here soon. 2 1/2 hours later you can be in Montego Bay, where you can hire someone to take you on the 1 1/2 hour ride along the coast to Negril. You can stay in the off season, May through October at least, for between $50 US and $250 US. Many local restaurants have delicious food and you know that some real Jamaicans are benefitting from your visit.
Updated April 2011
Negril is still my favorite vacation spot---April was gorgeous with lots of sun, wonderful sunsets every night, great seafood, Red Stripes and Appleton Rum to drink, and the wonderful Jamaican people who really appreciate our tourist $$$$$. Easy flights from lots of airports in the US and abroad.
Not even close in my book----renting a house on the Cliffs (past the 7 mile beach) and eating at different places along Lighthouse Rd has the all-inclusives beat by a long shot! You get to eat real Jamaican food, from home-style to epicurian delights. Some restaurant suggestions are Catchafalling Star, Rock House, Xtabi, or if staying at my fave place, Seagrapevillas, you can get Juicy, the manager to cook up some delicious Jamaican food for you served on your ocean facing porch!
Just to say that you can still swim in the Caribbean ocean naked if you want from some places in Negril-----Certainly down at Hedonism, but some places on the cliffs still let you strip down au naturel for swimming and sunning---Seagrape Villas is one and I have stayed here for a few years now, and love it! Sunning areas down by the ocean and ladders to get in and out of the water make for a safe, fun day naked on the cliffs!
- Pros:inexpensive, lovely, good food, nice people
- Cons:mosquitos, pushy salespeople, too much sun!
- In a nutshell:An easy, cheap caribbean vacation from almost anywhere
In between Hedo and Couples, this public park is a local favorite---about a $2 charge to get in, there are no vendors so... more travel advice
TP has a new area above its swimming pool area that is open to the public, including a small bar. Pricing at the bar was... more travel advice
dustmon's Related Pages
Negril Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamaica?s West End"
- "Negril West End Cliffs"
- "Beautiful Negril"
- "Welcome to Negril Jamaica"
- "Please see my Travel Tips for Negril, Jamaica"
- "Perfect Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negril
- Hotels in Negril
- Transportation in Negril
- Nightlife in Negril
- Restaurants in Negril
- Shopping in Negril
- Warnings and Dangers in Negril
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negril
- 95 Reviews
- 161 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Negril?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negril
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 152 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 95 reviews, 161 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 128 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 106 reviews, 100 photos
- Kennesaw Intro, 55 reviews, 57 photos
- Mal País Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Duluth Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Helen Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos