"The Whole Point of Travel" dustmon's Profile
The whole point of travel is to step outside ourselves and view the world through a wider lens than our every day lives allow. Seeing new ways of living, new ways of having fun, new people to meet, new foods to taste---this is what I live for when I travel. I have a goal of visiting at least one new country each year I have on this planet. I am a Global Planeteer! I believe in one planet for all of us, but that means we all have to take care of it to the best of our abilities. Traveling gives one an extra eye to see through if we open them completely to all this beauty!
When I travel to a new destination, I usually try to find a local bookstore and maybe a toy store as well----I collect Alice in Wonderland and certain vintage toys (James Bond and Alice) and love to find local versions that may not be available in the USA. I also like oddball sites---My family is taking a Danube River Cruise this June, and my son found some info on a museum in Vienna that houses automatons---I hope that's the right word---machines that have moving or singing birds, or other moving parts. I hope we can find that!
I just met a lovely girl from Martha's Vineyard on this site a couple of months ago, and we just had a lovely New Years Weekend together----maybe I have found my travel mate! Thanx VT!
(update 12-12-12....just married her with about 15 other couples in a group wedding on 12-12-12!)_
It's a dangerous business going out your door----You step onto the road---and if you don't keep your feet---there's no knowing where you might be swept off to...............
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,122 Reviews
- 1,433 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 131 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
- Commented on Odinnthor's profile page
- Posted in Travel Isla Contadora Forum "Playa Suecas"
- Uploaded a Video to Costa Rica
- Wrote a Review Go in the morning! about Belize Zoo in Belize Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go in the morning!"
- created a Belize Travel Page "Belize, a study of differences"
updated their Profile Page "The Whole Point of Travel"
- dustmon and Parisforless are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 152 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 95 reviews, 161 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 128 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marietta Intro, 106 reviews, 100 photos
- Kennesaw Intro, 55 reviews, 57 photos
- Mal País Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Duluth Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Helen Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos