"My love of Travel" culturedesigns's Profile

Got the Bug!

Ever since my trip to Costa Rica 4 years ago, I have the itch..that is the travel bug. My next main trip that I want to do is Asia, in particular Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, and Japan.
I believe that one can travel a lot on a little. I have no problem staying in a far from 4 star hotel, and eating VERY simply to make the trip last longer. I love doing as the locals do, or eat or drink where ever I go. Thats the real way to see a culture. When you make friends with the locals you can see things you would never know to look for otherwise. I believe in being humble, gracious and observant when visiting a foreign country. Watch how people communicate, how they interact. I want to blend in with the locals, honor their ways of life even though it may be strange and different to me.

Fruit Hunter

One of my main interests within traveling to other countries is looking for new and exotic fruit. I love fruit and the plants they grow on. I'm constantly looking into growing new varieties, collecting seeds, and starting cuttings. I grow all kinds of citrus , and am building a greenhouse to grow more tropical plants. When I go to Asia I want to try every kind of fruit I can get ahold of. I want to visit as many open air markets as I can find.

• Intro Updated Mar 20, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!