"Salem - closed for the season" Salem by Tracyden
Salem Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,174 photos
We visited Salem for the day whilst in Boston. Salem, like Boston - has a walking trail painted in red on the pavements. The February snow covered over this trail a fair bit - but we could pick it up now and then. A lot of Salem was actually closed for the season - witches must feel the cold - but we still enjoyed a lovely, cold and sunny day out.
The witch house wasn't open but you could trek through the snow to pose for a pic
Salem has some interesting shops celebrating the towns historical witchy past - thankfully today the witchy folk can sell their wares without fear of persecution. You can get spells and candles - love potions and meet some famous (on living channel) psychics who give readings.
I think this pet shop has the town sussed.
Although Salem is most famous for it's witch trail history. There is a witch museum which was open - partially and had a brillliant young guide who was so enthusiastic.
There is more to see and do than witches - there's a lovely harbour area and the house of the seven gables.
- Pros:pretty, interesting with lots to visit
- Cons:Most of Salem closes for winter.
- In a nutshell:hubble bubble ....
Look up from the red line as you walk around Salem and you might see something a little interesting in the trees. No... more travel advice
The inspiration for the historical novel. You can visit and tour the house. It's right by the sea - very pretty. If you... more travel advice
Tracyden's Related Pages
Salem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RhondaRuth's Salem Page"
- "Salem on Halloween!"
- "Salem Tales"
- "BEWITCHING SALEM"
- "Witch Way do You Go"
- "A FUN DAY IN SALEM"
- "I FOUND MY TRUE WICCAN NATURE ON SALEM'S STREETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salem
- Hotels in Salem
- Transportation in Salem
- Nightlife in Salem
- Restaurants in Salem
- Shopping in Salem
- Warnings and Dangers in Salem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salem
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salem
Top 10 Pages
- Paxoi Island Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lesvos Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Kalymnos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Goa Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos