"In Search of Number Six" Portmeirion by Tracyden
Portmeirion Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 153 photos
Created by Clough Williams-Ellis Portmeirion is intended to show that you can develop in a beautiful landscape and enhance it. Perhaps it is now most famous for being the quirky crazy village in The Prisoner. In the spring and summer months you have to pay to enter the village - but I think it was worth the entrance fee and we enjoyed a wonderful day trip there.
If you are a fan you can visit The Prisoner gift shop which is located in number sixes house. You can get your Penny Farthing badge - village umbrellas and the like from here. Pop down to the ship and see if you can spot a big white ball on the horizon accross the estuary.
The Prisoner appreciation society also holds its annual convention here. You can check it out on their website http://www.portmeiricon.com
Once you have explored the village and it many bits of quirky architecture and cute seating areas you can go on one of the surrounding walks through the woodland - the whole area has a magical feel about it and you'll meet lots of fellow walkers all getting lost with you.
- Cons:Who knew it was this small?
- In a nutshell:More than The Village
With the village to keep you busy you may miss out on a walk on the beach - it's more of an estuary and it's huge - it's... more travel advice
Grab a leaflet and walk one of the suggested routes through the surrounding woodland. There is a brilliant collection of... more travel advice
Tracyden's Related Pages
Portmeirion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portmeirion Prisoners"
- "A touch of Italy - In North Wales"
- "PORTMEIRION - ARCHITECTURAL GEM & CULT LOCATION!"
- "Day Trip to the Beach"
- "I am not a Number"
- "In Search of Number Six"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portmeirion
- Hotels in Portmeirion
- Transportation in Portmeirion
- Restaurants in Portmeirion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portmeirion
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Portmeirion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portmeirion
Top 10 Pages
- Paxoi Island Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lesvos Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Kalymnos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Goa Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
Latest Portmeirion hotel reviews
- Hotel Portmeirion
- 553 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013