"Side - not what we expected" Side by Tracyden
Side Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 371 photos
We stayed in Side for a fortnight- what the guidebooks had made sound like an idylic little village filled with ruins turned out to be a larger town with a massive main road. We never really worked out the rules of the road - the traffic ignored red lights - pedestrian crossings and other vehicles. We just ran and took our chance.
True to the guidebook though - there were lots of ruins to walk around - you could buy a map of these if you wish or just wander around and around and around like we did. Nothing is fenced off so you can get up close and touch the history.
Side has a massive open air theatre that still has evening performance - Carmen was showing when we visited.
- Cons:everything else
Tracyden's Related Pages
Side Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Side - Turkish Holiday Mecca & Roman Town"
- "Side , Manavgat...aspendos - A search for history!"
- "The gentle waves of Side"
- "Sun, Sea, Sand and Side"
- "Turkey - Side"
- "Side (pronounced "seeday")"
- "Side, Turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Side
- Hotels in Side
- Transportation in Side
- Nightlife in Side
- Restaurants in Side
- Shopping in Side
- Warnings and Dangers in Side
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Side
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Side?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Side
Photos in SideSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paxoi Island Intro, 25 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lesvos Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Kalymnos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Manchester Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Goa Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos