Athens Nightlife Tips by greekcypriot Top 5 Page for this destination
Athens Nightlife: 235 reviews and 248 photos
Brettos ouzeri in Plaka
Brettos Ouzo restaurant is a very popular spot in the are of Plaka.
Try the variety of sea food (pikilia) with your ouzo.
There are different kinds of wines as well, together with a variety of salads, appetizers, and desserts.
Theme: Adult Spot
Zorbas Seafood Restaurant - Mikrolimano, Piraeus
Highly recommended, -Excellent service, Stunning views, Wonderful cuisine!
Although we were spending the night near Passalimani, we booked dinner at Zorbas which is located at Mikrolimano instead. One reason was that I needed to include night shots from the beautiful coast of Mikrolimano for my Guides so we combined business and leisure.
We used to come to this restaurant years back mostly during the summer months and because we knew it was a lovely restaurant we decided to dine here to check if it still has the good reputation of the past. We were not disappointed at all.
There is a raised platform to the rear of the restaurant and the bar is on the right as you descend a couple of stairs to the main room. Mikrolimano is the Mecca of seafood lover’s paradise in Athens but let’s face it, Greek seafood is a match made in heaven. Of course the secret is to find the best place to eat with relish and trust the restaurant that will not rip you off.
The view was stunning as the restaurant is literally right on the water. You see, there are big glass sliding doors and I am sure with daylight one can easily spot some fish in the waters.
We had a nice table right next to the water, the music was playing soft and was so pleasing to the ears, we ordered a bottle of some fine white wine for the first ‘cheers’ and what we really wanted was to enjoy the Greek hospitality, and relish fresh seafood in this really cozy atmosphere. A few customers were enjoying their dinner but the whole time we were there people kept coming in. Niko Tzafalias the head supervisor and Gregoris were alert all the time serving and trying to meet the demands of the customers.
The lights from Mikrolimano fell into the sea and the scenery was breathtaking. I cannot find words to describe how much we enjoyed our dinner outing and I am glad I chose to come here.
With the arrival of our wine we were brought a variety of bread and rolls along with some olives, butter and olive pasta. The appetizers included 2 types of green salads, one included pesto and smoked salmon. Here the Tzatziki costs (4 euro) and surely don’t miss the Eggplant and Peppers Salad which in Greek is called –melintzanosalata. The eggplant comes right from traditional Greek oven and it is so tasty!! Taramasalata is another dish not to be missed!
We had small portions (like meze) of fried squid or calamari, and marinated octopus in white wine for 13 euro. The Royal Calamari however is another popular dish in this restaurant. It was so delicious that I even asked how it is cooked. It is marinated with pesto on a bed of shredded fried potatoes and it costs 11 euro. Another exceptional dish is the Poached fillet of Sea Bass. This costs 28 euro and it is cooked in virgin olive oil, saffron, sun dried tomato puree. I believe the most demanding customer will love this dish.
The Risotto with Cuttlefish cooked with ouzo and truffle oil for 18 euro surprised us happily and is another interesting dish I recommend. In reality we loved everything.
The very last dish was a grilled farmed fish which we divided in two because we could not take any more but still wanted to try it. Although farmed fish yet so fresh and tasty!! These fish cost 55 euro a kilo so it depends on how many you want to have. I believe it is worth a try, and they are accompanied by boiled veggies.
We finished our dinner with some dessert. We had the Hot Chocolate souffli which is served with ice cream and strawberry syrup for 10 euro, -one of the best I have ever had, and the Poached Pear in red wine which again is accompanied with ice cream and segment of orange in syrup. Both were irresistible and we decided to share!
I believe I owe to let people know that an additional 8% is added on the total of the bill on Sundays, Bank Holidays, Christmas and Easter Holidays. I don’t know why somebody has to pay 8% when coming here on a holiday season, but surely customers should know. It was written in the catalogue. Something else that I read is the fact that in salads and cooked dishes the chef uses virgin Cretan olive oil. Virgin Olive oil adds so much to the quality and of course the taste of the food.
I highly recommend Zorbas Restaurant and I am sure you will feel the Greek hospitality here, the excellent professional service, and enjoy the tranquillity and the stunning view.
Dress Code: Coat and Tie required.
Address: Akti Koumoundourou A 14
Directions: Mikrolimano, Piraeus
Phone: +210 41 11 663 or 42 20 170
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Galaxy Bar at the Hilton
The Galaxy Bar has a contemporary décor, plush wooden decking and the glass top bar makes it distinct.
If you come here after dark you will see it transformed into one of the Athens’ most fashionable destination.
It has glamour and style with different events taking place every now and then making it a popular haunt for local celebrities.
It is a steady value among the Signature dining spots of Athens.
The ceiling resembles the bright galaxy: stars, planets, flying-saucers, an “explosion” of colours in a fascinating set. The large mirror placed behind the bar broadens the view, while the dashing lights above add an Italian elegance.
Guests at the bar can savour a speciality cocktail, try the amazing Sushi, the delicious finger food and pick something from the rich selection of international beers and spirits.
Early evening brings a cool, eclectic clientele who know the place well as it is one of the trendiest Bars in Athens.
If you are after the best Bar in the city, the highest quality and taste, this is the right spot for you. Enjoy your drink out here and every bite and let the music of the DJ travel you!
Address: 46 Vasilissis Sofias Ave. 11 528
Directions: Athens Hilton
The Galaxy Bar of Hilton
The favorite hangout of celebrities and citizens of the world with an Italian elegance.
Try the cocktail Pluto with Scotch whisky, chamomile and honey, Jupiter with gin, cucumber and mint and Champagne Supernova with rose and litchi.
I tried the champagne here.
However there are other non-alcoholic cocktails to choose from:
Aurora with ginger and mint, Sweet Eclipse with pistachio, apricot and honey or Intergalactic Traveller with espresso, caramel and milk.
There are spring rolls, salmon blinis, mini burgers and samosas, to sushi, maki and sashimi to accompany your drinks.
The view from up here is beyond expectations, and the music is fabulous! It twinkles from pop, easy listening and soul to disco and electronic.
It has an impressive ceiling resembling the bright galaxy: stars, planets, flying saucers, an “explosion” of colors in a fascinating set.
Address: 46, Vasilissis Sofias Avenue, 115 28, Athens
Phone: 210 7281402
More Reviews (111)
- See All I Rate it as the #1 Mezedopoleio in...
- See All A little Gem of Hospitality- Superb...
- See All A Site to keep you updated !
- See All Tips to Help you avoid Unpleasant...
- See All A short visit to Marathonas
- See All Saronic Gulf Boat Schedules Changed...
- See All Surviving the strikes
- See All Check the bill well before paying!
- See All The largest department store in Greece!
- See All A stroll in Plaka
- See All Charity Bazaars are Popular in Athens!
Been to Athens?Share your travels with the world!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mazurani Hotels
- Porto Santo Stefano Hotels
- Tripoli Hotels
- Istana Negara Hotels
- Departamento de Antioquia
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 115 Reviews
- 355 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
- Posted in Travel Cyprus Forum "Re: Looking for a vacation club..."
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Athens tips
- Wrote a Review I Rate it as the #1 Mezedopoleio in Athens ! in Athens Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "I Rate it as the #1 Mezedopoleio in Athens !"
- Uploaded a Video to Athens
- updated a Athens Travel Page "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (355)
Videos in AthensSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 183 reviews, 272 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 75 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 32 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 66 reviews, 88 photos
- Skyros Island Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (85)
Latest Athens hotel reviews
- Hotel Caterina Athens
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Dryades Hotel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Novotel Athenes
- 284 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Economy Hotel
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel
- 247 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hermes Hotel
- 313 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Achillion Hotel Athens
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hotel Dioskouros
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Acropolis Select Hotel
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Central Athens Hotel
- 315 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Student & Travellers' Inn
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Pella-Inn Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Orizontes Santorini
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Apollo Hotel
- 201 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Airotel Parthenon
- 607 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Lycabettus Hill- 55 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Acropolis- 189 Reviews, 345 Photos
- Changing of the Guard- 53 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Ancient and Roman Agora- 152 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Acropolis - Parthenon- 79 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Syntagma Square - Parliament- 78 Reviews, 123 Photos
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus- 65 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Plaka- 75 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Panathenaic Stadium- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- The National Garden- 32 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Athens Things to Do