"A Dream Holiday Destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Athens by greekcypriot
Athens Travel Guide: 4,432 reviews and 10,593 photos
I have lived in a few parts of the world for a while and travelled to 4 out of the 5 continents so far. I have never found a place like Greece. It may not be a faraway and exotic country, but my Greece is the most photogenic.
When people think of Greece they think about a wide variety of things: Mediterranean culture, lifestyle, history and climate are probably the first things that come to mind. And then there are the historical parts of Greece: Delphi, Corinth, Mycenae, Knossos (Crete), Olympia, Thessaloniki, Athens, the Acropolis to name a few.*
Then there is Greek mythology: Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hestia, Demitra, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Athena, Hermes, Aphrodite and many demi-gods. The different islands and areas are named in the myths and stories.
And to top it all off there’s Greek cuisine, which is rated as some of the tastiest on the entire planet. All in all, there are a thousand reasons to come to Greece, and not a single reason not to.
GREECE is a destination that is friendly to all levels of travelers.
The islands and coasts are dotted with resorts that can accommodate even the most luxury-minded traveler, while the more adventuresome can simply rent a scooter and zip around the coastal roads with the Mediterranean breeze teasing their hair.
The culture, history, food, and the people all combine to make Greece one of the ultimate destinations for any traveler, and it's definitely a country to come back to over and over again.
Athens is the capital of Greece the founding city of the Olympic Games and a city of culture, science and commerce.
Named after the goddess of wisdom Athena and it encircles eight hills within its borders.
The beautiful islands, the history, the coffee and the food. Athens is the the main hub and starting point for most trips to Greece, so why not spend a couple of days discovering this historic city, before hitting the beach?
Athens colourful markets, its ancient monuments, the hustle and bustle of Syntagma and the city centre, its history wealth with the important influence on the development of Western Civilization!
Acropolis is the most prominent of all and it stands as the ultimate architectural and artistic expression of the ancient Athenian Spirit.
A growing city indeed engulfing its neighbouring suburbs all the way to Piraeus, and the gateway to the Greek islands.
Athens should be appreciated for what it is today as a whole, that includes both its thousand-year-old history and its hectic modern role of business, political and artistic center of our times.
Arriving in the City center of Athens the feeling is that of being in the middle of history, the creativity and the culture of a proud population that is productive and rich both in art and in spirit.
It is a city to live in and discover and the only way to appreciate the incredible charm it has had ever since its great past.
No matter how many times I visit it, it is never enough!
THIS IS THE ATHENS I am going to point out and share Tips and Photos with you all.
- Pros:A Rare city with a thousand-year-old history with proud and creative population.
- Cons:The economic problem!
- In a nutshell:No matter how many times one visits it it is Never enough!
The service is impeccable, the setting is lovely and the memory of the food will stay with you forever. Cookoovaya... more travel advice
Don't miss this one of a kind experience in Athens. The food is creative and playful, plated wonderfully and cooked to... more travel advice
- See All Shopping in Athens
- See All Road Accidents
- See All Eclectic Clientele, Steady Value!
- See All Tips to Help you avoid Unpleasant...
- See All Saronic Gulf Boat Schedules Changed...
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My trap!"
- "A Dream Holiday Destination"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- "Poetry for Athena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 132 Reviews
- 437 Photos
- 86 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
- Posted in Travel Doha Forum "Re: Long layover (20hours) in..."
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Athens tips
- updated a Athens Travel Page "A Dream Holiday Destination"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Exquisite Tastes - Value for Money!"
- Wrote a Review Exquisite Tastes - Value for Money! about Cookoovaya in Athens Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (437)
Videos in AthensSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 132 reviews, 436 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 92 reviews, 419 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 178 reviews, 278 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 78 reviews, 334 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 98 reviews, 306 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 73 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 65 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue