Chios Island Shopping Tips by greekcypriot
Chios Island Shopping: 7 reviews and 10 photos
The souvenir shop in Mesta
It is probably the most popular souvenir shop in Mesta.
It is so colourful inside that it attracts the visitor even if they don't have any intention of buying. The owner has decorated this souvenir shop with much exquisiteness and everything in here is of quality and class.
I really don't want to buy anything, but I feel that this shop attracts me, so I get in and ask permission to have a look around.
The lady showed me how she weaves her hand made pieces.
What to buy: Here besides the hand made embroideries you can find tableclothes, placements, jewellery, icons and all sorts of gifts.
What to pay: The prces are reasonable
Phone: 22710 76031
Products of Mastic
There are 28 shops in Greece, but because they are local products, now is the chance to try them. You can find them in some hotels as well in the small basket (hotel complements) in the bathroom.
They are authentic pharmaceutical ingredients because Mastic is unique, with high antibacterial, amtifungus, and moisturizing activities for both the body and face care.
Sodis laboratories have created in the World Unique line of more than 200 mastic cosmetics.
What to buy: In these Mastic Spa Shops you can buy anything from face, hair and body care, bath showers, tooth paste, soaps and sunscreens, to different cosmetic creams for both men and women.
Address: 12, Aegeou Avenue
Directions: Chios Airport : 22710 40730
Phone: 22710 40223 ( Near Customs)
Theme: Bath and Beauty
Some of the products
I had the previlege to meet Nico Constandoulaki, the creator of the small Traditional Workshop of Pastry in Vessa, who has been awarded again and again and honoured by many chefs and magazines in both Greece and Europe.
Vassilis, introduced him to us and I was amazed to see all those articles written in magazines about his creations.
Nico wants to keep the workshop small he told me and the best of all is that he is not interested in expanding and promoting these products in big chain supermarkets.
He is determined to keep the quality high and for this reason he always uses different Greek herbs for his creations. When he speaks about his products he is so proud and sure of the high quality the goods have.
The packing of these products is so well looked after as well. We spent over an hour in Nico's workshop and I feel lucky to have met him. I was offered some products as gifts but I also bought a couple of them to try.
I got in touch with him the previous day and told him that I have already tried some of his products and they are really exceptional. Those chefs and magazines who wanted to promote Nico's products were absolutely right. I even gave him the recipe I used for the sauce for a specific kind of pasta he makes with nettle herb.
I believe people who come to Vessa should ask and find this Workshop and see for themselves what I am talking about, and try these products too.
What to buy: People coming here will have the chance to purchase from a variety of Authentic Local pastry products.
Address: Vessa, Chios,
Directions: The Workshop is at the back road of the Cafe Restaurant in the Central square of the village.
Phone: 22710 73378, mobile: 697 4406822
Theme: Food and Drink
Chian local products
Some of the Local products of Chios which are found all over the island, are the following.
1. Mastic and various products made of mastic.
2. Traditional conserved sweets.
3. Ouzo and wine (they have a local red wine of excellent taste served in restaurants slightly
sweet. Try it!
4. Sweet-smelling herbs.
5. Chian milk products and refreshments.
6. Pastelaries (sundried figs)
7. Pasteli (sweet made of honey and sesame).
8. Chian delights.
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (33)
- See All New Year's Eve (Ship Model ...
- See All Don't miss the Taverna
- See All Sail to Cesme
- See All Cave of Olympi, Stalactite
- See All Ecotourism Activities
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Chios Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Unspoiled Island of Chios"
- "Chios,the island of mastic,an undiscovered beauty"
- "The masticha island!"
- "Chios island"
- "Unspoiled Chios Island - a Grand place to visit!"
- "My life in Chios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chios Island
- Hotels in Chios Island
- Transportation in Chios Island
- Restaurants in Chios Island
- Shopping in Chios Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Iligan City
- Weston-Super-Mare Hotels
- Sapcote Hotels
- Lop Buri
- Negeri Kedah
- Greenore Hotels
- Spindletop Estates Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chios Island
- 37 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Chios Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chios Island
Photos in Chios IslandSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 183 reviews, 272 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 75 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 32 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 66 reviews, 88 photos
- Skyros Island Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos