Chios Island Transportation Tips by greekcypriot
Chios Island Transportation: 7 reviews and 5 photos
If you are in Chios you can visit Cesme in Turkey. The sailing trip lasts an hour.
One way tickets cost 25 euros. The ferry leaves at 08.30 from the port of Chios.
Two way tickets cost 30 euros. The ferry leaves at 18.00 from Cesme.
If you wish to visit Smirni, with a private guide it will cost you 40 euros.
Discounts are made for chldren of 6 - 12 paying half the amount of the tickets.
Special price for groups.
Passports should be shown to the customs.
Phone: 22710 41073, or 41423
Chandris Rent a Car
It always depends on what a visitor wants to see, and the time he has to spare here.
Most of the island is mountainous, but the road network is relatively good.
Chios town is of course an exception as it is a busy town and the roads here are quite narrow.
Traffic gets worse during the summer months of course (July, and August), but driving on the island is quite safe and easy.
Adequate road signs which are situated on all main and minor roads make driving easier, and the majority of roads leading to the villages here are tarred.
The best way of course to visit the villages and all the interesting monuments and beatiful beaches of the island is to rent a car, and this because the local bus service has a limited network.
Car rental companies here offer a good service, but my favourite is CHANDRIS Rent a Car, (+30 6944 972051)
Other Contact: Leoforos Aigeou & Porfira Str. 5
Phone: 6945 985143
Type: Car/Motor Home
Every time I visit a new place I try to find useful information which I carry with me throughout the trip.
Here I have useful phone numbers of Airlines, Ferries, Port Authority, and buses which I believe are useful to visitors.
1. Airport of Chios: 22710 81400
2. Olympic Airlines: 210 9369111, 22710 23998
3. Aegean Airlines: 8011120000, 22710 81051-3
4. N.E.L. Lines: 22710 25848, 23971, 210 4115015
5. G.A. FERRIES: 22710 41390, 4582640
6. Port Authority: 108, 22710 44434, 210 4511310
7. Buses -city limits: 22710 22079
8. Suburb Buses: 22710 24257
9. Taxi: 22710 41111
More Reviews (34)
- See All New Year's Eve (Ship Model ...
- See All Don't miss the Taverna
- See All Cave of Olympi, Stalactite
- See All Hand Woven Textiles
- See All Ecotourism Activities
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Chios Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Unspoiled Island of Chios"
- "Chios,the island of mastic,an undiscovered beauty"
- "The masticha island!"
- "Chios island"
- "Unspoiled Chios Island - a Grand place to visit!"
- "My life in Chios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chios Island
- Hotels in Chios Island
- Transportation in Chios Island
- Restaurants in Chios Island
- Shopping in Chios Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sóller Hotels
- Iquique Hotels
- Palermo Hotels
- Province of La Union Hotels
- La Tranche-sur-Mer
- Point Breeze
Badges & Stats in Chios Island
- 37 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Chios Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chios Island
Photos in Chios IslandSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 77 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Protaras Intro, 45 reviews, 130 photos