"KYMI IS A GEM IN EVIA" Kimi by greekcypriot
Kimi Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 65 photos
The beautiful city of Kimi was an ancient harbor and is found on the eastern coast of Evia. The legend says that Kimi was an Amazon competing against another one called Myrina. Some others say that the name comes from the word “kyma” meaning wave. It is true that most of the times there are big waves at its coasts especially in winter.
The 20th century used to be a very prosperous city. Many Cumean (the locals from Kimi as they are called used to be ship-owners and traveled throughout Europe carrying local products like red wine to ports like Marseilles in France. This wine was used by the French to color their wines.
The buildings have nice architecture style and there are many mansions. In all it is a very beautiful city worth visiting. From here one can sail to Skyros, Skopelos and Alonysos.
Many tips are included in my guides for people who wish to visit this city.
- Pros:A gem very near Athens.
- Cons:Pity that it has not yet been discovered by many!
The beautiful beach of Hiliadou can be reached from Kymi. It is about 90 minutes drive but it took us more because my... more travel advice
A popular night club by the sea front in Kymi is the Rock club. You will find many young couples standig listening to... more travel advice
- See All From Kymi to Alonisos and Skopelos
- Don't Step an Echinus!
- See All The Byzantine Church of Agios Dimitrios
- Sea-Food can be Really Expenisve !
- See All Greek Local (Mezedes)
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Kimi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kimi
- Hotels in Kimi
- Transportation in Kimi
- Nightlife in Kimi
- Restaurants in Kimi
- Shopping in Kimi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kimi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kimi
- 30 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Kimi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimi
Photos in KimiSee All Photos (64)
Videos in KimiSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 183 reviews, 272 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 75 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 32 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 66 reviews, 88 photos
- Skyros Island Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos