"A Refuge for Relaxation in Marmari" Marmari by greekcypriot

Marmari Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos

Located in the Southern Gulf of Evia

It has been years since I wanted to visit Marmari and always remembered it as a quiet place with a beautiful marina and many small taverns. We found the friendliest people here, tried local dishes and traditional cuisine in several restaurants, taste the local wine and found refuge and relaxation in a beautiful hotel that we picked. We kept postponing the visit here probably because Marmari is not very far from where we live and as almost always we leave behind beautiful places to travel far away, not giving the proper attention to the beauty around us.
Marmari is located on the southern gulf of Evia not very far from where we live. We kept postponing this trip until today. The reason for our visit today is to unwind and relax for three days and this of course includes sight-seeing, much walking and photography.

To my surprise, the place has expanded since my last visit and I have noticed several changes. There are several new hotels now and many restaurants and smaller tavernas all located on the beach-front very near the marina and port. Marmari remains however a quiet little village worth visiting. It floats between two seas; the Aegean sea on the one side and the southern gulf of Evia on the other. Opposite Marmari there are several small islets with the largest called Kavaliani.

It is a popular destination for Athenians the year round and many are those who visit it on weekends during the winter months. Of course in the summer months the whole picture changes. The little village of Marmari hosts guests from all over the country along with tourists mostly from Europe. Many are those who come by sailing ships and make a stop here to try the local cuisine which I found indeed very interesting.

• Pros:It is beautiful with stunning beaches with colorful sunsets
  • Cons:Found none
  • In a nutshell:A Popular destination not far from Athens not to be missed!
  • Intro Updated Sep 26, 2011

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Badges & Stats in Marmari

Have you been to Marmari?

Latest Activity in Marmari