"A Refuge for Relaxation in Marmari" Marmari by greekcypriot
Marmari Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
It has been years since I wanted to visit Marmari and always remembered it as a quiet place with a beautiful marina and many small taverns. We found the friendliest people here, tried local dishes and traditional cuisine in several restaurants, taste the local wine and found refuge and relaxation in a beautiful hotel that we picked. We kept postponing the visit here probably because Marmari is not very far from where we live and as almost always we leave behind beautiful places to travel far away, not giving the proper attention to the beauty around us.
Marmari is located on the southern gulf of Evia not very far from where we live. We kept postponing this trip until today. The reason for our visit today is to unwind and relax for three days and this of course includes sight-seeing, much walking and photography.
To my surprise, the place has expanded since my last visit and I have noticed several changes. There are several new hotels now and many restaurants and smaller tavernas all located on the beach-front very near the marina and port. Marmari remains however a quiet little village worth visiting. It floats between two seas; the Aegean sea on the one side and the southern gulf of Evia on the other. Opposite Marmari there are several small islets with the largest called Kavaliani.
It is a popular destination for Athenians the year round and many are those who visit it on weekends during the winter months. Of course in the summer months the whole picture changes. The little village of Marmari hosts guests from all over the country along with tourists mostly from Europe. Many are those who come by sailing ships and make a stop here to try the local cuisine which I found indeed very interesting.
- Pros:It is beautiful with stunning beaches with colorful sunsets
- Cons:Found none
- In a nutshell:A Popular destination not far from Athens not to be missed!
We just returned from Evia Hotel where we spent 2 wonderful nights. As a Guide writer I had to visit Marmari for some... more travel advice
We had lunch at this Fish restaurant the first day we reached Marmari. We loved the idea of sitting under the shade of... more travel advice
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Marmari Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Marmari
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Marmari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marmari
Photos in MarmariSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 133 reviews, 441 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 92 reviews, 419 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 178 reviews, 278 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 102 reviews, 325 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 78 reviews, 334 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 77 reviews, 233 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 65 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 64 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue