"PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES - NIGHT LIFE & FUN." Top 5 Page for this destination Ayia Napa by greekcypriot
Ayia Napa Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 490 photos
Originally a small fishing village, but now has become a major tourist centre.
Its name is derived from a Venetian-era monastery that has the same name. The actual word – Ayia Napa- means Holy wooded –valley. The area surrounding the town was covered with thick forest in ancient times.
Agia Napa is Considered to be THE NUMBER ONE BEST EUROPEAN BEACH FOR THE YEAR - 2011 among 25 other beaches
It is one of the most popular destinatios south-eastern of Cyprus. Holidaymakers who are looking for a lively vacation come here every year. Over 250.000 clubbers swarm into this party capital every summer and the phenomenal atmosphere in its scores of bars and nightclubs is nothing short of explosive. Apart from being a family holiday destination, it has become a ‘Party Capital’, particulary popular with U.K. citizens.
NISSI BEACH and NISSI BAY are two amazing popular beaches in the area just 2 miles west of Agia Napa. Nissi beach is a party spot, with loud music and lots of young people.
Beautiful crystal turguoise waters where the challenge is to leap from the rocks in the sea at CAPE OF GRECO. This is found on the east of Ayia Napa.
Another one is THE NEW GOLDEN BAY, or LANTA beach as it is known by the locals. It is a less busy beach with a number of activities available.
PANTAHOU beach, one of the longest beaches of Cyprus, and the longest beach in Ayia Napa, caters more for families and is a more relaxing beach.
LIMANAKI beach at the harbour is very popular with nice Restaurants, but quite expensive.
Of course, Ayia Napa goes all out at night. If it’s 2-for-1 drinks, buzzing clubs and foam parties you want, you’ll find it here. But there are also plenty of trendy – and quieter – beach bars for chilled-out cocktails by the sea. And it’s surprisingly well-suited to families, too, with a good line-up of live entertainment and hypnotists.
Ayia Napa is the favourite beach resort area of Cyprus with miles of white sandy beaches, clear, shallow turquoise waters and a wealth of water sports.
It offers everything families need for a perfect holiday. It is also the premier clubbing resort in Cyprus offering cutting edge venues and DJs for clubbing aficionados.
I would call it the destination of young couples and party groups, tranquil during the day with its pretty harbour and monastery, coming alive at night as its hundreds of bars, clubs and restaurants open for business.
- Pros:Ayia Napa -for the Med's best beaches by day and the best parties at night!
- Cons:Can be very noisy in the evenings!
- In a nutshell:Enjoy your night, don't party to excess, you will regret it in the morning. Far better to remember you had a fantastic night and be ready to do it again the next night!
Golden sands and clear waters! The Landa beach is also called ‘Golden beach’. Located between Nissi beach and... more travel advice
This is the first time I stay at this hotel, but several years back I was here to see some friends from the UK. The... more travel advice
- See All Party Time
- See All Nutritional Information -Dining in...
- See All Cheapest Option from Larnaca -Ayia Napa
- See All Free Accompanied Walks
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Ayia Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES - NIGHT LIFE & FUN."
- "There is more than just the famous Party-scene !"
- "Sun, Sand Sea and Parties"
- "AYIA NAPA--THE PARTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!! *"
- "The Eternal Sunshine and the Turquoise Sea"
- "Ayia Napa"
- "Ayia Napa - beach and boogie!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayia Napa
- Hotels in Ayia Napa
- Transportation in Ayia Napa
- Nightlife in Ayia Napa
- Restaurants in Ayia Napa
- Shopping in Ayia Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayia Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayia Napa
- 42 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Ayia Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayia Napa
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How do you gauge what is an..."
- Wrote a Review Informative and Interesting about Thalassa Municipal Museum in Ayia Napa Things to Do
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Ayia Napa tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Landa Beach"
- updated a Ayia Napa Travel Page "PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES - NIGHT LIFE & FUN."
- Uploaded a Video to Ayia Napa
Photos in Ayia NapaSee All Photos (94)
Videos in Ayia NapaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 125 reviews, 402 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 92 reviews, 419 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 178 reviews, 278 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 78 reviews, 334 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 98 reviews, 306 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 73 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 65 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue