"AYIA NAPA WITH PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayia Napa by greekcypriot
Ayia Napa Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 444 photos
Originally a small fishing village, but now has become a major tourist centre.
Its name is derived from a Venetian-era monastery that has the same name. The actual word – Ayia Napa- means Holy wooded –valley. The area surrounding the town was covered with thick forest in ancient times.
Agia Napa is Considered to be THE NUMBER ONE BEST EUROPEAN BEACH FOR THIS YEAR - 2011 among 25 other beaches
It is one of the most popular destinatios south-eastern of Cyprus. Holidaymakers who are looking for a lively vacation come here every year. Over 250.000 clubbers swarm into this party capital every summer and the phenomenal atmosphere in its scores of bars and nightclubs is nothing short of explosive. Apart from being a family holiday destination, it has become a ‘Party Capital’, particulary popular with U.K. citizens.
NISSI BEACH and NISSI BAY are two amazing popular beaches in the area just 2 miles west of Agia Napa. Nissi beach is a party spot, with loud music and lots of young people.
Beautiful crystal turguoise waters where the challenge is to leap from the rocks in the sea at CAPE OF GRECO. This is found on the east of Ayia Napa.
Another one is THE NEW GOLDEN BAY, or LANTA beach as it is known by the locals. It is a less busy beach with a number of activities available.
PANTAHOU beach, one of the longest beaches of Cyprus, and the longest beach in Ayia Napa, caters more for families and is a more relaxing beach.
LIMANAKI beach at the harbour is very popular with nice Restaurants, but quite expensive.
THE MONASTERY OF AYIA NAPA
The Monastery of Ayia Napa was built in 1500 which is the best known landmark of the area. It seems that in ancient times the location where the monastery and the village exists today, was covered with a thick forest, and was visited only by hunters from the neighbouring villages. Ayia Napa vestiges of its cultural heritage.
The Ayia Napa Festival is an annual event since 1985.
It takes place in Sepheris Square in the Monastery. These festivities reflect the historic, cultural and agricultural traditions of the village with theatrical performances and concerts, as well as Cypriot and foreign folk dancing.
- Pros:Exceptional beautiful beaches!!
- Cons:Can be quite noisy in the evenings!!
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it if you are in Cyprus in summer.
In an attempt to find an exceptionally good Cypriot restaurant in Agia Napa to please a friend and a guest of mine, I... more travel advice
Walks Accompanied by a guide (Participation Free) Every Monday (November – March) Tours to Agia Napa in English and... more travel advice
- See All Purchase cleverly
- See All Internet Access in the area
- See All Avoid Political Discussions
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Ayia Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AYIA NAPA WITH PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES!"
- "There is more than just the famous Party-scene !"
- "Sun, Sand Sea and Parties"
- "AYIA NAPA--THE PARTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!! *"
- "Ayia Napa"
- "The Eternal Sunshine and the Turquoise Sea"
- "Ayia Napa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayia Napa
- Hotels in Ayia Napa
- Transportation in Ayia Napa
- Nightlife in Ayia Napa
- Restaurants in Ayia Napa
- Shopping in Ayia Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayia Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayia Napa
- 30 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Ayia Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayia Napa
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: about a holiday to Phuket"
- Wrote a Review Cypriot Cuisine, Excellent hosts, Value for Money! in Ayia Napa Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cypriot Cuisine, Excellent hosts, Value for Money!"
- updated a Ayia Napa Travel Page "AYIA NAPA WITH PARADISE-LIKE BEACHES!"
- Commented on one of Avieira67's Ayia Napa tips
- Uploaded a Video to Ayia Napa
Photos in Ayia NapaSee All Photos (44)
Videos in Ayia NapaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 116 reviews, 357 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 75 reviews, 327 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 86 reviews, 247 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 69 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 59 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos