Larnaca Sports & Outdoors Tips by greekcypriot Top 5 Page for this destination
Larnaca Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 10 photos
The Salt Lake of Larnaca -End of October
I am back to Larnaca once again and I got to the Salt Lake for a walk with my sister. This time there are no flamingos and the lake water has been turned to salt.
If you happen to be in Larnaca in October, it pays to come to the salt lake for a walk. I love coming here to watch the beautiful sunset.
Don’t forget, sunsets are never the same!
By the way, Larnaca’s Salt Lake Complex (Aliki as it is called in Greek) is of international ecological significance and it is a protected area. Of course those of you who wish to read more about this beautiful Salt Lake I give you a handy link for further details. (The rest enjoy the photos).
The Pool of the Leisure Club
I was on holidays in Larnaca staying at the Palm Beach Hotel and Bungalows on the Dhekelia Road. Since Larnaca is my hometown I happen to have many friends and when I told them that I have booked at the above hotel they urged me to visit the Leisure Club by all means.
Some of them are already members for years and they know how much I love exercising and my love for Spa treatments.
The Leisure Club is found at the Palm Beach Hotel and Bungalows in Larnaca and it runs as an independent business to that of the hotel. I met the manager Mr. Papamichael and he informed me that it is the most popular Leisure Club in Larnaca with many locals coming daily to exercise.
After an hour’s hand massage through the whole body and scalp I felt a different person. I found my therapist –Maria Istvanne very skillful and she amazed me as she knew exactly where to put the pressure on. The manager was telling me that the therapists are trained in the most advanced techniques to ensure that the individual needs are met. All the stress and tension were gone instantly leaving behind a nourished body, mind and soul. I had this amazing feeling hours after my massage!
For residents of the Palm Beach Hotel the use of the pools, table tennis, aerobic classes are free. For non residents it costs 18 euros.
Residents however pay 10 euros to use the Jacuzzi and Steam Bath. Kids are not allowed in the gym area. The products at the Spa for the body/facial treatments are the "Thalgo" brand.
The Hot Stone Massage (50 min) costs 65 for residents and 70 for non residents and an hour’s Hand Massage costs 65 and 70 euros respectively. A 20 minute massage would cost 30 and 33 respectively but I highly recommend the one I had because that includes a full body and scalp massage. If I were living in Larnaca I would surely be a member.
Phone: +357 246 45919
The Medieval Castle in Larnaca
Walks Accompanied by a Guide (Participation free)
Every Wednesday, Tour to Larnaca
“Past and Present”
Starting point: Tourist Information Office, Larnaca.
“Scala (Larnaca) and her craftsment”
Starting point: Medieval Castle, Larnaca.
Quad Riders in Larnaca
Are you fond of Quad bike? If the answer is - yes, then the Quad Bike safari in Larnaca will excite you.
It was formed in 2004 and it is one of the leading tourist attractions and activities in Cyprus. It is very popular with tourists and it focuses on the customer satisfaction and pleasurable experiences.
About the Quad Bikes
They use the E-Ton Viper 150cc ATV, which is an automatic ATV, a very manoeuvrable machine and powerful enough for the heaviest of riders, with many capabilities and very easy to handle, these quad bikes are extremely safe and ideal for beginners.
Equipment: About the trek
Firstly instructors will show you how to operate and ride your bikes safely then you will be provided with the relevant safety equipment. You will start on a flat tarmac surface so you can get the feel of the handling of the ATV, and then will you progress on to the dirt tracks with undulations and turns. After about 20 minutes when the guides feel satisfied that everyone is confident and competent you will be led off into the hills around Oroklini, Pyla and Troulli village covering over 30km of various terrain for approximately 2 hours of awe-inspiring fun! Once at the top the stunning views across Larnaca bay, Oroklini and Pyla will take your breath away. Safari's are tailored to meet clients requirements/abilities to ensure groups of all ages an experience of their own adventure.
Safari's will operate Monday-Saturday 2 times daily for approx 2 hours per trip.
Winter period : November-March
11:00 - 13:00
15:00 - 17:00
Summer period : April-October
11:00 - 13:00
16:00 - 18:00
Address: Dhekelia road, Opposite Golden Bay Hotel
Directions: Follow the motorway A3 and get off at Pyla Junction No 60.
Turn right, head towards the coast, at the traffic lights turn right and you will find us 100meters on the right hand side.
Phone: (+357) 24 647729
Scuba diving in Larnaca
If scuba diving is your passion join the Divers club in Larnaca.
Alpha Divers (Cyprus Scuba Diving) operate in Larnaca just minutes from the famous Zenobia Ferry Wreck.
The Kalypso II is the Dive boat that easily accommodates 20 divers plus staff, with an on –board toilet, sun deck, dive platform and lots of room to move around.
The staff are experienced and committed to the safety of its guests. It is the top diving centre in Cyprus that regularly takes divers to all the reefs and wrecks.
The Larnaca dive boats provide twice daily scuba and snorkelling trips to the Zenobia Ferry Wreck.
Equipment: I recommend that people who are interested can first make a call and ask any possible queries they might have.
Scuba divers are taken to the Bridge, Restaurant, Duty Free Shop, Upper, Middle and Lower Vehicle decks where they can see over 100 Trucks full of sunken treasure. The Calypso operation takes divers and snorkelers to the Larnaca Marine area with a flexible schedule to meet their needs.
Besides scuba diving, there are other watersport activities taking place here. This centre offers parasailing, waverunners, kayaking, paddle boats, and aqua-cycles for the enjoyment of the entire family.
Alpha Divers can also plan that special occasion for you on the water or underwater weddings, private party cruises, and private scuba diving and snorkeling trips.
Address: P.O. Box 42591,
Directions: Dhekelia Road, Larnaca
Alpha Divers flagship operation is located opposite the old Beau Rivage Hotel in Larnaca and just a stone's throw from the famous Zenobia Ferry Wreck.
Phone: 357 24 647519
Theme: Scuba Diving
More Reviews (72)
- See All Excellent Location –A Steady Value!
- See All The Mosque of Tekke by the Salt Lake
- See All Attention...Avoid Makenzi area till...
- See All Impeccable Service, Excellent location...
- See All Cosy and Inviting!
- See All The Weever's poisonous spines!
- See All Intercity Buses
- See All Cypriot dishes and how to ask for them...
- See All It's really hot...Cool up with a KEO...
- See All Fashionable Boutiques in Larnaca
- "Kataklysmos" - Flood Festival in...
Been to Larnaca?Share your travels with the world!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Larnaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a good base to explore a nice part of Cyprus"
- "I like Larnaca."
- "L A R N A C A"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Larnaca
- Hotels in Larnaca
- Transportation in Larnaca
- Nightlife in Larnaca
- Restaurants in Larnaca
- Shopping in Larnaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Larnaca
- See All...
Explore the World
- Land Hessen Sports & Outdoors
- Trinidad and Tobago Sports & Outdoors
- Muscat Sports & Outdoors
- Porvoo Sports & Outdoors
- Kruger National Park Sports & Outdoors
- Morocco Sports & Outdoors
- Isla de Tenerife Sports & Outdoors
- Fredericton Sports & Outdoors
- Hammamet Sports & Outdoors
- Guangzhou Sports & Outdoors
- Karlstad Sports & Outdoors
- Torremolinos Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Larnaca
- 77 Reviews
- 209 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Larnaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Larnaca
Photos in LarnacaSee All Photos (209)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 77 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Protaras Intro, 45 reviews, 130 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (106)
Latest Larnaca hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn City Center
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Aldiana Cyprus
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Larco Hotel
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Achilleos Hotel Apt
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Antonis G Hotel & Apartments
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Sandy Beach Hotel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Onisillos Hotel Larnaca Cyprus
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2013
- Livadhiotis Hotel
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Lucky Hotel Apartments
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Crown Resorts Henipa Hotel
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Annabelle Hotel
- 741 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Louis Princess Beach
- 235 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Lordos Beach Hotel Larnaca
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Lenios Beach Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2012
- Mosque of Hala Saltan Tekke- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Agios Lazaros Church- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Aliki - Salt Lake- 7 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Larnaca Fort- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Beach- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Djami Kebir Mosque- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Phinikoudes- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Larnaca Promenade- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Pierides Museum- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos