"The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos by greekcypriot
Troodos Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 293 photos
The beauty of the Troodos Mountains
It is a beautiful place to come no matter if it is summer or winter. It is always interesting and beautiful. In summer it is cool and many people find refuge up here in its beautiful little villages. Many of these picturesque villages retain the beauty of the past and the beauty of Cyprus village life. Cypriots love tradition and very often they drive to the mountains the year round to find some peace and relax.
In winter the Troodos mountains with the clear atmosphere, blue skies and crisp white snow is an ideal place not only to come and find some peace and relax, but it is a very popular destination for those who love winter sports and skiing.
There are so many beautiful places to visit out here and with my frequent monthly trips to the island I try to dig out some of the most beautiful gems of the Troodos range that I wish to share with you out here. I visit many villages, meet people, and taste the Cypriot cuisine which I adore.
Follow my guide and tips and I guarantee the most beautiful holidays on the island ever!
PLATRES is the largest and most stylish mountain resort in the Limassol district. It is a popular place for excursionists who find refuge out here.
The beauty of the area was immortalised in a poem by Greek Nobel laureate George Seferis. He stated in one of his poets that " the nightingales in Platres do not leave you sleep".
I was in Platres a couple of weeks ago and I was informed by locals that April is the month that nightingales come to the resort and for this reason I am visiting it this coming month.
Mesa Potamos monastery is an old Monastery near Platres in an idyllic area with a small waterfall. I came to this area in January and I am posting some photos in the guide as well.
The region east of Mout Olympos known as Pitsilia includes 40 villages most of them nestled on the mountainside amidst vineyards, and orchards.
The beauty of these villages attract me so much and I am often out there because they are so beautiful and interesting.
There are many archaeological churches scattered in the different villages and each time I travel to Cyprus I try to visit a couple of them.
So, I guess my guide will be quite interesting with photos and facts.
- Pros:Beauty throughout the Year, a Place Worth Visiting!
- Cons:I can't find a single one....
- In a nutshell:It is where the sheer romance of Cyprus comes alive.
Troodos is just as interesting in winter as it is in summer. Mild sunny winters definitely suit keen walkers willing to... more travel advice
There is nothing that can keep you indoors after sunset in the amazing and so rare neighborhood of the old village of... more travel advice
- See All Linos 'Eliomylos' Olive Press Museum...
- See All A Dreamy stay, Excellent Location!
- See All Divine Tastes, Highly recommended!
- Be careful when driving a scooter!
- See All Pharmacies and drug stores!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Troodos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!"
- "A Journey Into The Unknown"
- "The Troodos mountains"
- "Cyprus's highest peaks!"
- "Troodos Mountains & Area"
- "Troodos Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troodos
- Hotels in Troodos
- Transportation in Troodos
- Restaurants in Troodos
- Shopping in Troodos
- Warnings and Dangers in Troodos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troodos
- 65 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Troodos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troodos
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE OOOP..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Accommodation, Amazing Hospitality!"
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Troodos tips
- Wrote a Review Troodos in Winter! in Troodos Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Video to Troodos
- updated a Troodos Travel Page "The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 92 reviews, 419 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 119 reviews, 356 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 174 reviews, 270 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 77 reviews, 333 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 89 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 74 reviews, 208 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 65 reviews, 184 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 62 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue