"The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos by greekcypriot

Troodos Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 266 photos

The Beauty of the Troodos Mountains

The beauty of the Troodos Mountains

It is a beautiful place to come no matter if it is summer or winter. It is always interesting and beautiful. In summer it is cool and many people find refuge up here in its beautiful little villages. Many of these picturesque villages retain the beauty of the past and the beauty of Cyprus village life. Cypriots love tradition and very often they drive to the mountains the year round to find some peace and relax.

In winter the Troodos mountains with the clear atmosphere, blue skies and crisp white snow is an ideal place not only to come and find some peace and relax, but it is a very popular destination for those who love winter sports and skiing.

There are so many beautiful places to visit out here and with my frequent monthly trips to the island I try to dig out some of the most beautiful gems of the Troodos range that I wish to share with you out here. I visit many villages, meet people, and taste the Cypriot cuisine which I adore.
Follow my guide and tips and I guarantee the most beautiful holidays on the island ever!

Places of Interest in the Troodos

PLATRES is the largest and most stylish mountain resort in the Limassol district. It is a popular place for excursionists who find refuge out here.
The beauty of the area was immortalised in a poem by Greek Nobel laureate George Seferis. He stated in one of his poets that " the nightingales in Platres do not leave you sleep".

I was in Platres a couple of weeks ago and I was informed by locals that April is the month that nightingales come to the resort and for this reason I am visiting it this coming month.

Mesa Potamos monastery is an old Monastery near Platres in an idyllic area with a small waterfall. I came to this area in January and I am posting some photos in the guide as well.

The Wine Route Villages in the Pitsilia region

The region east of Mout Olympos known as Pitsilia includes 40 villages most of them nestled on the mountainside amidst vineyards, and orchards.
The beauty of these villages attract me so much and I am often out there because they are so beautiful and interesting.
There are many archaeological churches scattered in the different villages and each time I travel to Cyprus I try to visit a couple of them.
So, I guess my guide will be quite interesting with photos and facts.

• Pros:Beauty throughout the Year, a Place Worth Visiting!
  • Cons:I can't find a single one....
  • In a nutshell:It is where the sheer romance of Cyprus comes alive.
  • Last visit to Troodos: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2011

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Badges & Stats in Troodos

Have you been to Troodos?

Latest Activity in Troodos