"The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos by greekcypriot
Troodos Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 227 photos
The beauty of the Troodos Mountains
It is a beautiful place to come no matter if it is summer or winter. It is always interesting and beautiful. In summer it is cool and many people find refuge up here in its beautiful little villages. Many of these picturesque villages retain the beauty of the past and the beauty of Cyprus village life. Cypriots love tradition and very often they drive to the mountains the year round to find some peace and relax.
In winter the Troodos mountains with the clear atmosphere, blue skies and crisp white snow is an ideal place not only to come and find some peace and relax, but it is a very popular destination for those who love winter sports and skiing.
There are so many beautiful places to visit out here and with my frequent monthly trips to the island I try to dig out some of the most beautiful gems of the Troodos range that I wish to share with you out here. I visit many villages, meet people, and taste the Cypriot cuisine which I adore.
Follow my guide and tips and I guarantee the most beautiful holidays on the island ever!
PLATRES is the largest and most stylish mountain resort in the Limassol district. It is a popular place for excursionists who find refuge out here.
The beauty of the area was immortalised in a poem by Greek Nobel laureate George Seferis. He stated in one of his poets that " the nightingales in Platres do not leave you sleep".
I was in Platres a couple of weeks ago and I was informed by locals that April is the month that nightingales come to the resort and for this reason I am visiting it this coming month.
Mesa Potamos monastery is an old Monastery near Platres in an idyllic area with a small waterfall. I came to this area in January and I am posting some photos in the guide as well.
The region east of Mout Olympos known as Pitsilia includes 40 villages most of them nestled on the mountainside amidst vineyards, and orchards.
The beauty of these villages attract me so much and I am often out there because they are so beautiful and interesting.
There are many archaeological churches scattered in the different villages and each time I travel to Cyprus I try to visit a couple of them.
So, I guess my guide will be quite interesting with photos and facts.
- Pros:Beauty throughout the Year, a Place Worth Visiting!
- Cons:I can't find a single one....
- In a nutshell:It is where the sheer romance of Cyprus comes alive.
THE VILLAGE OF KALOPANAGIOTIS The picturesque village of Kalopanagiotis is known for its healthy sulphur springs and for... more travel advice
We have had dinner here at Tzellari some months back while in Kakopetria. The owners are amazing hosts and we tried the... more travel advice
- Be careful when driving a scooter!
- See All Horse Riding in the Troodos Square
- See All Pharmacies and drug stores!
- See All Cypriot Popular Products
- See All Details and info on Buses in Cyprus
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Troodos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!"
- "A Journey Into The Unknown"
- "The Troodos mountains"
- "Cyprus's highest peaks!"
- "Troodos Mountains & Area"
- "Troodos Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troodos
- Hotels in Troodos
- Transportation in Troodos
- Restaurants in Troodos
- Shopping in Troodos
- Warnings and Dangers in Troodos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troodos
- 55 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Troodos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troodos
- Posted in Travel Ayia Napa Forum "Re: Ayia Napa in Christmas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kalopanayiotis village for its SPA Springs!"
- Wrote a Review Kalopanayiotis village for its SPA Springs! in Troodos Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Troodos
- updated a Troodos Travel Page "The Troodos range is Beautiful All Year Round!"
Photos in TroodosSee All Photos (137)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 77 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 42 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos