"The Troodos range is Beautiful the Year-rournd." Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos by greekcypriot
Troodos Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 303 photos
Nature & Outdoor Lovers
Tourists are generally well familiar with the beaches and the coastal resorts.
Many are unaware that there is a stunning inland with mountains, pine forests and waterfalls this area is a paradise for nature and outdoor lovers. For the beach lovers, the sun worshippers it is not an easy thing to do, leaving behind bars and nightlife but they will be rewarded if they drive up into the Troodos Mountains. It is out here you will get the taste of the real Cyprus.
In summer it is cool and many people find refuge up here in its beautiful little villages. Many of these picturesque villages retain the beauty of the past and the beauty of Cyprus village life. Cypriots love tradition and very often they drive to the mountains the year round to find some peace and relax.
In winter the Troodos mountains with the clear atmosphere, blue skies and crisp white snow is an ideal place not only to come and find some peace and relax, but it is a very popular destination for those who love winter sports and skiing.
On each trip I try to dig out some of the most beautiful gems of the Troodos range that I wish to share with you out here. I visit picturesque villages, meet people, and taste the Cypriot cuisine which I find irresistible.
Follow my guide and tips and I guarantee the most beautiful holidays on the island ever!
Platres is the largest and most stylish mountain resort in the Limassol district. It is a popular place for excursionists who find refuge out here.
The beauty of the area was immortalised in a poem by Greek Nobel laureate George Seferis. He stated in one of his poets that the nightingales in Platres do not leave you sleep.
April is the month that nightingales show up out here.
The region east of Mout Olympos known as Pitsilia includes 40 villages most of them nestled on the mountainside amidst vineyards, and orchards.
Many archaeological churches of rare beauty are scattered throughout the little villages of Troodos.
- Pros:Beauty throughout the Year, a Place Worth Visiting!
- Cons:Be aware of narrow roads!
- In a nutshell:It is where the sheer romance of Cyprus comes alive.
It is the only four star hotel (1936 2015) in the area with a style of its own, -a lovely hotel steeped in history!... more travel advice
Greek Cypriot National Day (1st April) April 1st is a Double holiday here in Cyprus. Avoid public means of transport... more travel advice
- See All Linos 'Eliomylos' Olive Press Museum...
- See All Divine Tastes, Highly recommended!
- Be careful when driving a scooter!
- See All Pharmacies and drug stores!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Troodos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Troodos range is Beautiful the Year-rournd."
- "A Journey Into The Unknown"
- "The Troodos mountains"
- "Cyprus's highest peaks!"
- "Troodos Mountains & Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troodos
- Hotels in Troodos
- Transportation in Troodos
- Restaurants in Troodos
- Shopping in Troodos
- Warnings and Dangers in Troodos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troodos
- 65 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Troodos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troodos
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Warsaw Mini meeting - Warsaw..."
- updated a Troodos Travel Page "The Troodos range is Beautiful the Year-rournd."
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Troodos tips
- Wrote a Review A Lovely Hotel Steeped in History! in Troodos Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Lovely Hotel Steeped in History!"
- Uploaded a Video to Troodos
Photos in TroodosSee All Photos (189)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 133 reviews, 441 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 92 reviews, 419 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 178 reviews, 278 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 78 reviews, 334 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 98 reviews, 306 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 73 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 65 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue