Vasa Hotel Tips by greekcypriot

Vasa Hotels: 10 reviews and 5 photos

Residence "Roti" in Vasa - Vasa

Residence "Roti" in Vasa

Residence ROTI: Quality Accommodation -Noble Countrystyle premises

I spent two nights at the impressive residence “Roti” in Vasa. The residence stands out in the whole village with navy blue and white colours. Upon entering the premises one sees the huge piece of art the owner Mrs. Effie brought from Athens. It had been exhibited for a while at Constitution Square (Syntagma) but after the exhibition the owner bought it and ever since it stands like a guardian angel guarding the premises. It is about a huge heart in the colours of the Greek flag (blue and white) and next to it stands a young man wearing the traditional Greek costume like the ones the Greek soldiers wear in front of the Unknown Soldier in Athens. I consider it the landmark of the house and I believe the heart symbolizes the big friendly hearts of Greek people.

Where the new residence now stands, was the old house of Mr. Roti, the previous owner who passed away many years back. He used to be the carpenter of the village those years, and many years after his death the house was purchased by Mrs. Demetriou the new owner who restored the old building and tried to keep its original architecture and style.
Every piece of furniture found in the house decorates the owner’s residence now, and she kept the carpenter’s room on the ground floor with every single tool and accessory Mr. Roti had in his little workshop. It stands now as a little museum to honour this man and the new owner named the residence after the carpenter’s name.

I found the whole residence not only impressive but a quality accommodation in a tranquil location. The very old pieces of furniture found in the house were cleaned and polished thus creating a mysterious atmosphere of an old noble interior.

I however stayed in one of the three rented rooms on the ground floor. My room was spacious with a 4 poster bed next to a big wooden wardrobe. It was a furnished studio in all, with a sink and some cupboards with kitchen utensils. Of course I did not cook anything as my stay was so short but another reason was the taverna of the village “Pyrkos” where the food was so tasty with huge portions. I found that it was not worth spending time to cook but try the local village Cypriot cuisine. For guests who stay at these rented rooms, breakfast is served at this specific tavern.

The yard of the premises is in levels and covered throughout in stone. There are several flower beds and a number of clay decorative pots all over with an impressive stair leading to the main upstairs huge veranda of the owner’s residence. There are two or three umbrellas and small tables outside each rented room in the garden ideal for an afternoon cup of coffee. The swimming pool is decorated with huge clay vessels on all four corners. In all, the premises keep the traditional authentic style with one or two touches of modern times. In every trip I have in Cyprus I try to visit one or two Agro Hotels, and I highly recommend these rooms for a relaxing stay the year round.

Internet is free here, but I had a little difficulty to have access from my studio. There is however internet connection if you get outside in the garden. There is a TV set but there is not a choice of channels but I don’t believe this is a problem because nobody who comes here wants to stay indoors and watch the telly!!

Village people are unbelievably friendly and many of them helped me a lot with the guide I want to write about Vasa. The village is also very interesting with ancient chapels and two caves of native saints.

I truly want to return soon, but in the meantime I urge people to come here and feel this Human touch of Authentic village people. I consider the residence a gem in the village.

Address: Vasa Koilaniou, Limassol

Comparison: less expensive than average

Phone: +335 99373722

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Bed and Breakfast

Website: http://www.pelasgis.net

• Updated Oct 22, 2011

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Badges & Stats in Vasa

Have you been to Vasa?

Latest Activity in Vasa

Visiting Vasa?
Read real reviews about Vasa Hotels!