"A Popular Wine Producing Picturesque Village" Vasa by greekcypriot
Vasa Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 34 photos
Vasa is the fifth wine-producing village just 35 kms away from Limassol. It is found on the slope of the Troodos range.
Its name is linked to the ancient Greek word “Vassa or Vissa” meaning woody valley.
Nowadays the residents are only 120.
The first settlers of the village are said to have come from the Peloponnese in Greece coming from ancient Arcadia.
It is a very beautiful village with locals trying to keep their authentic traditions, restoring their old houses, and growing tourism in their village.
I have found very hospitable people, and seen the Greek flag waving in many house gardens which was a joyful surprise for me.
There are two very significant caves in Vasa, -the cave of two apostles which I give more information in the tips.
There are two or three local restaurants in the village, and I highly recommend it to people who want to feel the authentic Cypriot hospitality, people who are interested in visiting ancient churches and museums, and Agro tourism in general.
I have more info in the tips.
- Pros:A Beautiful village not to be missed!
- Cons:I have not found a single con to state for this place here.
- In a nutshell:A significant little village with two museums, caves and loving people!
There is an Ouzeri just opposite the entrance of the Church of Virgin Mary. I surely want to try some of its mezedes... more travel advice
One of the Highlights of Vasa is the main Church of Virgin Mary of Evangelism. It stands out and it is the first place I... more travel advice
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Vasa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vasa
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Vasa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vasa
Photos in VasaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 115 reviews, 355 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 75 reviews, 327 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 77 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 66 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 55 reviews, 137 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos