"C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE" Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus by greekcypriot
Cyprus Travel Guide: 3,863 reviews and 9,724 photos
Cyprus hospitality is legendary and definitely a place of beautiful contrasts offering wide possibilities and choices. It has an amazing climate with plentiful of sunshine throughout the year.
It is the third largest island in the Mediterranean and its history goes back to 10.000BC. Numerous civilizations have left their mark and it has been said that if you “scratch the soil anywhere in Cyprus you will find traces of the island’s preceding civilizations” –an island full of sites from every period of its turbulent history.
I can assure you of the most beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters ideal for the most demanding visitor.
There is everything for everyone whether the visitor comes here for its beaches, its history, the beautiful trails, …..just anything.
The Guide below includes several tips for memorable holidays.
The best is to combine your beach holidays with rural holidays. Away from the tourist areas the countryside has a diverse wealth including traditional villages, vineyards and wineries, tiny fresco-painted churches, remote monasteries and cool shady forests.
I consider it ‘a nature-lovers paradise’.
In Cyprus villages traditional values remain, while the true character of the Cypriot people shines through wherever you go.
- Pros:An ideal Paradise for Demanding Visitors!
- Cons:Very Warm and Humid with Crowded beaches in July and August.
- In a nutshell:Beach/Mountain/Culture/ Climate/ Hospitality at its Best - Simply a Gem!
Expect to pay a lot in Seafood Restaurants especially if the seafood is fresh. Sometimes you cannot tell and it might be... more travel advice
From Limassol to Nicosia by Bus My next destination is the capital of Cyprus –Nicosia. We call it “Lefkosia” in Greek... more travel advice
- See All CAMPSITES IN CYPRUS -Budget stays
- See All Coach trip from South to Kyrenia &...
- See All Markets in General in Cyprus
- See All Spelling of Names of Places
- See All The Best Trout -Cosy Grounds, Amazing...
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Cyprus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE"
- "my 7 days in Cyprus"
- "Rachel_Sun's Cyprus Page"
- "Cyprus - The Land Of Aphrodite"
- "Cyprus..The Emerald of the Mediterranean.."
- "KIBRIS/CYPRUS... The Magical Tale of Mediterranean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cyprus
- Hotels in Cyprus
- Transportation in Cyprus
- Nightlife in Cyprus
- Restaurants in Cyprus
- Shopping in Cyprus
- Warnings and Dangers in Cyprus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cyprus
- 678 Reviews
- 1,720 Photos
- 252 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Cyprus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cyprus
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: about a holiday to Phuket"
- Wrote a Review Fresh Seafood & Bottled Wine are Expensive in Cyprus Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fresh Seafood & Bottled Wine are Expensive"
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Cyprus tips
- updated a Cyprus Travel Page "C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE"
- Uploaded a Video to Cyprus
Videos in CyprusSee All Videos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 116 reviews, 357 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 185 reviews, 277 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 75 reviews, 327 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 87 reviews, 284 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion Intro, 59 reviews, 280 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Intro, 86 reviews, 247 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 69 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Intro, 59 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 54 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 81 reviews, 99 photos