"C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE" Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus by greekcypriot

Cyprus Travel Guide: 3,863 reviews and 9,724 photos

The Island of Cyprus

Cyprus hospitality is legendary and definitely a place of beautiful contrasts offering wide possibilities and choices. It has an amazing climate with plentiful of sunshine throughout the year.

It is the third largest island in the Mediterranean and its history goes back to 10.000BC. Numerous civilizations have left their mark and it has been said that if you “scratch the soil anywhere in Cyprus you will find traces of the island’s preceding civilizations” –an island full of sites from every period of its turbulent history.

I can assure you of the most beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters ideal for the most demanding visitor.
There is everything for everyone whether the visitor comes here for its beaches, its history, the beautiful trails, …..just anything.

The Guide below includes several tips for memorable holidays.
The best is to combine your beach holidays with rural holidays. Away from the tourist areas the countryside has a diverse wealth including traditional villages, vineyards and wineries, tiny fresco-painted churches, remote monasteries and cool shady forests.
I consider it ‘a nature-lovers paradise’.

In Cyprus villages traditional values remain, while the true character of the Cypriot people shines through wherever you go.

• Pros:An ideal Paradise for Demanding Visitors!
  • Cons:Very Warm and Humid with Crowded beaches in July and August.
  • In a nutshell:Beach/Mountain/Culture/ Climate/ Hospitality at its Best - Simply a Gem!
  • Last visit to Cyprus: Jan 2013
  • Intro Updated Apr 1, 2013

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Wonderful tips and photos Popi. Very practical and useful information here. I am about half way through and will continue when I have more time. thank you for a wonderful effort.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Kate thank you so much that you dropped by and read my Cyprus tips but rated them as well. It counts a lot.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
      Aug 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I will be back as soon as I can to read the rest of them.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Hi Popi, do I need a passport to travel from Greek part to Turkish side of Cyprus?

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Oh yes. Absolutely you have to show the passport at the green line! When do you plan visiting Cyprus? I will be out there the last week of September till mid October.....it is the best time of travelling to Cyprus that time and still the peak season.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
      Jul 31, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Not sure yet but will come in August. As you know Croatia is part of CE now and I will travel with my ID card only, not sure if my passport will be ready.

• HeshamMA's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Nice Review Popi , Well written

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yasoo Popi, I enjoyed your hotel reviews and you have my vote. Great pages on the hotels of Cyprus. Fantastic work. Larry/travelgourmet

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Interesting pages and photos.Cyprus(N&S) is very close to my heart.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

great page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Hello, Popi! Thanks for your interesting story about Cyprus! ~><><><~

• tushark's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Popi!Very very nice trip & picture.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Wow, What is a beautiful pic and scene indeed. Great tips. Love the fruits eg prickly pears & white figs. And lovely clay art!! Thanks D

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Very knowledgeable and informative tips on Cyprus! I've only read the General Tips so far; will be back some other time for more.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Hi Don, Yes indeed Cyprus is a very interesting destination. I think it is time for you to visit. I have many interesting pages on the Cyprus Guide. I was recently there. I returned 3 weeks ago. Thanks for visiting my pages.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Thank you so much Don for rating my tips.

greekcypriot Used To Live Here!

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Badges & Stats in Cyprus