"Nequid Pereat" shunra's Profile

• Intro Written Jun 10, 2012

• Ribeirasacra's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2014 at 3:15 AM

I hope you can find some off the beaten tack places on your return to France.
    I love the above photo of the door knocker.

• shunra's Profile Photo
      Apr 17, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Oh yes, I love it, too. I found it on a church gate in Brioude.
      Somebody translated for me the strange inscription (orior exanimis vitam dat spiritus oris).
      It means: I am born lifeless (or soulless, or breathless), life is given by [God's] mouth's breathing.

• aydos's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM

hi Levi, I noticed your forum question in Feb 2013, in fact I will be travelling the same route in Oct 11 with 2 friends.. we will rent a car from rome (from istanbul).....drive through napoli . spend one night in amalfi coast (where?) and then drive to lecce (my daughter is living there ) ..since you seem to have done this trip , you would have the best tips for me... I am excited to hear what you will say... thank you in advance

• shunra's Profile Photo
      Sep 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Hi Aydos,
      Lecce (at least its historical center) is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen in my whole life. I simply envy your daughter for living there.
      And of course you will find the Amalfi coast unforgettably beautiful.
      If your intention is to spend a night there, my suggestion is that you consider staying in Ravello. It is situated very highly above the sea, the view is amazing (though I am not sure you will find a reasonably priced accommodation).
      On your way from Amalfi coast to Lecce, Matera is a must! In its own tragic way, it is an extremely beautiful city, absolutely dissimilar from any other city on earth.
      I suggest that you make your way back from Lecce to Rome along the Adriatic coast. It would allow you to see some very pleasant places – like Ostuni, Bari, Trani…
      And when you reach the Gargano peninsula, I think you could spend a night in Monte Sant'Angelo. It's another extremely beautiful place with a spectacular sanctuary of Monte Gargano.
      Then you could proceed to Rome through the Abruzzo national park. That's what we did. We enjoyed our trip very much. I am sure you will enjoy yours.

Levi

• aydos's Profile Photo
      Sep 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

thanks a lot levi, I will enjoy for you too..have a good day!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Hi and welcome to VT - will keep trying to open your website and maybe you will be back here on VT again by then too!

• picek's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Nice! I just check your web site, and loved your illustrations. But that mouse is the most symphatic (although all animals are :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
shunra's Profile Photo

shunra

“Nequid pereat”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.