"The key is under the geranium" Sojna's Profile

This is the title of one of my favorite books, written by greek author Xronis Missios. In the past years – not so past, actually – when life was simple and tranquil, people used to leave the key of their home under a flower-pot, for friends or relatives who would happen to come, while they were away. This was my first idea of how a world of openness and solidarity should be.
I use this fondest memory of my childhood to tell you how welcome you are to my home-page and to wish you all, that each time you travel to an unknown place, you find somewhere unexpectedly the “key” to people’s home and heart.

About my travel pages...

This is Kavala, my home city and the first place I attempted to write about, on VT. Then came Lefkada, which I visited last summer and had the luck to be guided by a wonderful lefkadian family, who taught me a lot about the history and the cultural heritage of the island, especially about the cultivation of the local specie of lentils.
I am really excited to share with you places, images and stories, at which I happen to have an inner look, I love and care about their maintenance and continuation. This is how I perceive VT motto “people behind places” and this is my criteria on selecting places to write about.
I really hope to encourage you travelling along, either virtually, or – even better- in real life.

The most beautiful sea

There is one more thing I would like to share with you and that is a few lyrics, by my favorite poet, Nazim Hikmet. May it fills your heart with joy and expectation for travels, friends, melodies, words, ideas, that are still to come in our lives.
The most beautiful sea:
hasn't been crossed yet.
The most beautiful child:
hasn't grown up yet.

Our most beautiful days:
we haven't seen yet.
And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you
I haven't said yet...

• Intro Updated Oct 14, 2011

• stream&rain's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM

You have wonderfull family and friends. It was like i have met my sister and her family after long time period. Have a safe journey back. All the best from Istanbul

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Hello, Sojna! Happy birthday!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Happy birthday Sojna.

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Truly wonderful home page here.Hope to read more from you.Warm regards,Ketan.

• Nov 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

u r poetic indeed.of course deep thoght person. liked ur page as well as photos. read the wonderful poem of nazim hikmet. poems r already translated in many indian languages

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Have a great birthday, Sojna!

• stream&rain's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hi Dear,
    i wish you happy and healty years. Happy Birthday Sojna.
    Take care and jump to Istanbul for cup of tea.
    all the best

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Happy birthday Sojna :)

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Hope you have more travellings and more VT sharings in the coming years.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Sojna's Profile Photo

Sojna

“MAN is the answer, whatever the question might be...”

Real Name