"Paradise - a short trip from Manila." Province of Zambales by gacortes

Province of Zambales Travel Guide: 559 reviews and 2,253 photos

The Ultimate Adventure

Me and my friends wanted to relax and unwind thus we planned a trip to Anawangin, Zambales. From Manila, It's a 3 hour drive to Pundaquit, then from there ride the boat, approximately a 40-hour boat ride to Anawangin. You can take side trips to nearby Islands such as Capones and Camara Island - 2 beautiful white beaches. Capones, of which you can hike going to the lighthouse for picture taking. ;)

The boatman was so nice & honest. I remember asking him, "kuya may pating ba dito?" (are there sharks here?), without hesitating he answered me "yes". Haha. But he assured me not to worry ;)

We were so excited that we left Manila without bringing anything aside from money. Little did we know that it was a BIG mistake. We should have brought food instead.

The Bebes first Camping experience.

For me and Patrick (my boyfriend), we were so thrilled to go to Anawangin as it's our first time to go camping - a lot different from our usual out of town trips. We enjoyed the Island vibe, indeed a camping experience. No electricity, no cell site, just us and the ocean.

Overnight

Getting drunk in Anawangin was an ultimate experience. You can sleep along the beach without anyone noticing it ;) You can even set up a bonfire for Php 200.

• Pros:Ultimate adventure
  • Cons:No electricity, has only 2 bathrooms, no food (so bring)
  • In a nutshell:Pine trees within the beach
  • Last visit to Province of Zambales: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2010

Comments

gacortes

“Spending money is to make memories”

Badges & Stats in Province of Zambales

Have you been to Province of Zambales?

Latest Activity in Province of Zambales