"Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour" Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch by rozehill
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,253 reviews and 2,648 photos
The Port Hills have a rich and varied Maori and European history. The 'recent' biological history stretches back to the last ice age approximately
14000 years ago. The landscape qualities of the Port Hills provide a distinctive backdrop to the City, harbour and low lying plains. The rolling tussock grasslands are largely unobstructed and uninterrupted by structures, and form a unique backdrop to Christchurch. The steep slopes, bluffs and rock cliffs of the Harbour Basin with a patchwork of agricultural and natural bush elements is interesting. There are rolling pastoral hill slopes and regenerating bush areas of the south western Port Hills from Hoon Hay Valley to Gebbies Pass. The Port Hills skyline with rolling slopes punctuated by volcanic tors and high bouldery peaks.
- Pros:The city of gardens
- Cons:Smog problem in winter
- In a nutshell:A great place to live
An ambient comfortable sunny spot to stop for a breather with a coffee etc after shopping, Great coffee and delicious... more travel advice
The waterfront cafe is on the ground floor but upstairs is a better view from "di mare" and here is the bar serving... more travel advice
- See All Slip, Slop and Slap
- See All Shakepearean THEME
- See All Birdman Memorial
- See All Water and Fire restrictions on
- See All CANTERBURY MUSEUM
- See All Corner Dairies
rozehill's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 118 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 200 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 118 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 46 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaikoura Intro, 31 reviews, 29 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Picton Intro, 30 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Waimate Island Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Dunedin Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos