"A Victorian Town" Malvern by Galahad
Malvern Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 22 photos
Malvern is a very Victorian town to which I go occasionally. I suppose it consists of a group of communities that have grown into one another. What most people call Malvern is in fact Great Malvern. There is a Malvern Link and West Malvern, as well, and collectively they are called Malvern. The photo is from our local radio website and is by Trevor Lawrence.
The Winter Gardens complex contains a lovely victorian theatre, cinema and a hall used for music events, mainly classical. I have attended a lot of plays in the theatre. We get a lot of pre-west end runs with lots of the leading UK actors
- Pros:For most people the town centre is uphill and some distance.
- Cons:A town blessed by its setting and upmarket shops
- In a nutshell:Upmarket but not for every persons tastes
A very professional production of G B Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession" with numerous well known actors and actresses.... more travel advice
Galahad's Related Pages
Malvern Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Malvern, Worcestershire, England."
- "A Victorian Town"
- "Delightful Spa Town"
- "Hills Hills Hills"
- "Malvern, Worcestershire, England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malvern
- Hotels in Malvern
- Transportation in Malvern
- Nightlife in Malvern
- Restaurants in Malvern
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malvern
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Malvern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malvern
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 58 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stourport Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpelier Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bewdley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 2 photos