"Quarterly meeting venue" High Wycombe by Galahad
High Wycombe Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 146 photos
Once a quarter I have to attend a meeting in High Wycombe so unfortunately I only see a small bit of the town centre. The short bit I see from the railway station to the Wycombe Swan does not give the impression of High Wycombe being an inspiring town. The road from the railway station appears to have been substantially rebuilt with a late 1940 to early 1950s style of architecture.
However I am sure it is much better for a tourist than the negative impression made by most of the other VT comments. Little mention has been made of the museums in the town and the chair making that I know took place in and around the town.
In the Oak Room at the civic buildings called The Swan I came across this set of windows commemorating local dignatories... more travel advice
Galahad's Related Pages
High Wycombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "High Wycombe - it's really not that bad!"
- "Why Wycombe?"
- "Wycombe - the worst town in the UK?"
- "High Wycombe"
- "Quarterly meeting venue"
- "High Wycombe---Place of my birth"
- "High Wycombe - posh name, crap town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in High Wycombe
- Hotels in High Wycombe
- Transportation in High Wycombe
- Nightlife in High Wycombe
- Restaurants in High Wycombe
- Shopping in High Wycombe
- Warnings and Dangers in High Wycombe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in High Wycombe
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to High Wycombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in High Wycombe
Photos in High WycombeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 58 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stourport Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpelier Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bewdley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 2 photos