"Compact town centre" Stourbridge by Galahad
Stourbridge Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 45 photos
Stourbridge town is a very tight cluster of shops within a dual carriage ring road. It is 11 miles to the north east of my home town of Stourport-on-Severn. It's on the western edge of the West Midland conurbation.
Between 1700 and about 1800 the main Iron Masters had their offices here buying and selling iron like the modern stock or corn exchanges. They bought from the main Iron producers and stored it in the local warehouses before trans-shipping the iron onwards to the end customers. The town was built at one of the few places that the pack-horses could cross the River Stour safely. It was for this reason that the canal first came to Stourbridge.
Trains from Stourbridge Junction Railway Station go towards Birmingham every 10-15 minutes and Kidderminster and... more travel advice
Galahad's Related Pages
Stourbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stourbridge. West Midlands, England"
- "Stourbridge Town Arm Canal"
- "Stourbridge - an insiders view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stourbridge
- Hotels in Stourbridge
- Transportation in Stourbridge
- Nightlife in Stourbridge
- Restaurants in Stourbridge
- Shopping in Stourbridge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Stourbridge
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Stourbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stourbridge
Photos in StourbridgeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 58 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stourport Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpelier Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bewdley Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 2 photos