"Go beach in Binz!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ostseebad Binz by CatherineReichardt

Ostseebad Binz Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 97 photos

Binz is Ruegen's premier holiday resort, and with its pretty setting, pristine beach and (relative) shelter from the prevailing wind, it's not hard to see why.

We were complete novices when we visited Ruegen, and chose to stay in Stralsund, so that we could explore the Baltic coastline as well as Ruegen. In hindsight, 'commuting' onto the island was surprisingly time consuming (I guess we just didn't realise how big Ruegen is) and it would have been better to base outselves somewhere like Binz for a few days and then relocate to the mainland. You live and learn!

As we only visited for a day, I don't know whether Binz has much else to offer in addition to the lovely beach - with 2 and 5 year olds in tow, playing on the beach was really all that they wanted to do, and as we all know, happy kids make happy parents! I got the sense of a low key but elegant resort that was comfortable with its own identity, and would be happy to return to confirm my suspicions!

• Last visit to Ostseebad Binz: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

There is one direct train per day from Frankfurt (South station) to Binz, but the journey takes over nine hours. So most people take faster trains and change in Berlin, saving at least an hour. (Or they just stay in Berlin and go to the opera.)

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2012 at 5:43 AM

I was lucky to spend a week on the island but choose a hotel in the middle of no where.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hi, Cathy! I wonder what you would say about our roads here....

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I came here in winter. There were no naturists then. At least no sane ones :).

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Catherine, lovely little page about Binz, which I visited about 10 years ago.

CatherineReichardt

“Never go the same way twice!”

Badges & Stats in Ostseebad Binz

Have you been to Ostseebad Binz?