"Linger longer in lovely Kuldiga" Kuldiga by CatherineReichardt
Kuldiga Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 100 photos
(work in progress)
Kuldiga is a beautiful and historic town, and yet another spot where I wish that we'd had more time to linger. Because of this winning combination, it is one of Latvia's most popular tourist attractions, but despite the fact that there were quite a few tourists around when we visited, it didn't feel overly 'touristy'.
Kuldiga is the sort of place that you should really explore on foot: it has a number of tourist attractions that are well worth visiting, but perhaps its greatest charm is its ambience, and just wandering along streets that have changed little over hundreds of years is delightful. In hindsight, I would loved to have stayed overnight and taken advantage of the longer summer evening to stroll around town, but perhaps next time!
Kuldiga was particularly lovely when we visited in early summer, but I suspect that it is somewhat that would be gorgeous in almost any season. Whilst the Venta falls and the sculpture park are outdoors and obviously best in good weather, there is enough to keep you happily occupied indoors if the elements turn against you.
- Pros:Utterly charming!
- Cons:Whatever the tourist authorities say, I still don't believe that it's the widest waterfall in Europe!
- In a nutshell:One of the highlights of lovely Latvia!
A lovely but unpretentious sculpture park has been established in woodland just by the Venta River. It is a treat to... more travel advice
CatherineReichardt's Related Pages
Kuldiga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Abava Valley"
- "Kuldiga - the home of longest waterfall in Europe"
- "Kuldīga, here it's still middle ages!"
- "Kuldiga, my favourite city in Kurzeme"
- "Bonio in Kuldiga"
- "Kuldiga and it's neighbours"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuldiga
- Hotels in Kuldiga
- Transportation in Kuldiga
- Restaurants in Kuldiga
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuldiga
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Kuldiga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuldiga
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 208 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 85 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 72 reviews, 83 photos
- Rwanda Intro, 65 reviews, 76 photos
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 58 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durban Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos