"A lovely village with a piecemeal patron saint!" Plouézoc'h by CatherineReichardt
Plouézoc'h Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 6 photos
(work in progress)
Plouézoc'h is one of those delightful little granite villages that Bretagne does so well.
It's probably not the sort of place that you'd go out of your way to visit - unless you have a particular desire to visit the parish church and inspect the unnerving statue of St Melar - son of St Miliau - who was an early Celtic martyr that had the misfortune of ending up in even more pieces than his father!
However, it is somewhere that you'll almost certainly pass through if you decide to visit stupendous Cairn de Barnenez - for my money, the most impressive, atmospheric and picturesque neolithic site that we saw in Bretagne.
If so, then take a few minutes to explore this lovely village, maybe grab a coffee or a bite to eat in a local hostelry or stock up with the makings of a picnic in the local suprmarket. After all, isn't this exactly what you came to Bretagne to experience?
(work in progress) This exquisite granite cottage is located on the main road through Plouézoc'h, about 100m from the... more travel advice
(work in progress) I'm not too sure that the architecture of Plouézoc'h's parish church was entirely to my liking, but... more travel advice
CatherineReichardt's Related Pages
Plouézoc'h Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A lovely village with a piecemeal patron saint!"
- Create a Plouézoc'h Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Plouézoc'h
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (143)
Have you been to Plouézoc'h?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plouézoc'h
Photos in Plouézoc'hSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 210 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 88 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 78 reviews, 100 photos
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 72 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 69 reviews, 85 photos
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 58 reviews, 69 photos