"Of fortresses and islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Malo by CatherineReichardt

Saint-Malo Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 777 photos

(work in progress)

• Last visit to Saint-Malo: Jun 2012
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2012

• aterola's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Cathy, I went there on my 40 years birthday and your photos remind me the good time swimming next to the fortress :-) Thank you for bringing my memories back :-)

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM

We were only there for the day, as we flew back to the UK that evening. The kids had had enough of 'historical stuff', so we spent most of our time on the battlements, beach and the Grand Be island.
    The identikit waiters made us laugh because they all looked like they'd been hatched from the same egg: either they were brothers or there isn't much in the way of genetic variation! Is Michael your son?

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Wow! you were certainly busy at Saint-Malo with reviews. How long were you there? What a shame to miss you.
    That waiter at the creperie looks a bit like my Michael!

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I didn't realise they had these hering gulls as far west along the channel as that, Cathy. We have them in Eastbourne and they are extremely pushy! It's a fairly common event for them to swoop and snatch food from tourists here now that they have become so familiar with humans. Great work in progress by the way.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
      Sep 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Troy, I have friends parents who live inside the walled town and have had grills like mosquito nets put on all their windows, as they had found gulls diving into the kitchen and the dining room and stealing food and sh****ng all over the place when they had the windows open in summer. They are a real pain!!!

CatherineReichardt

“Never go the same way twice!”

Badges & Stats in Saint-Malo

Have you been to Saint-Malo?

Photos in Saint-Malo