"Cape Arkona" Arkona by CatherineReichardt
Arkona Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 35 photos
Cape Arkona is located on the northern coast of Rugen (the largest island in Germany) and is worth a trip if you're in this part of the world.
The Cape's main claim to fame is its lighthouse - actually two of them - and it's an interesting place to explore. The area around the lighthouse was formerly a military zone with restricted access, but is now a nature reserve. The chalk cliffs are scenic, but not as dramatic as those in the stunning Jasmund National Park (see my Sassnitz travel page).
It is not possible to drive all the way to Cape Arkona, so you have to park your car at Putgarten and either walk the pleasant 1.5km under your own steam or catch a gas-powered train.
Any parent who has been exposed to BBC's Ceebeebees channel will have endured the insufferable antics of Tinkywinky,... more travel advice
CatherineReichardt's Related Pages
Arkona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Arkona"
- "Welcome to CAPE ARKONA"
- "Arkona Page"
- "More than this is impossible !"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arkona
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Arkona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arkona
Photos in ArkonaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 210 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 88 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 78 reviews, 100 photos
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uganda Intro, 75 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 72 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 69 reviews, 85 photos
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesotho Intro, 58 reviews, 69 photos