"Tired of London? Never!!" London by BaersMom

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos

My name is Pat..... and I'm an Anglo-holic.

The first time we went to England we were on a tour with the Chamber of Commerce. I saw the Tower of London and said that it was fascinating... and I wondered what it was. When I learned what it was... I vowed to never let that happen again. And I've done my 'homework' before each trip... anywhere... ever since.

We've had penfriends York (Pa.) to York (Eng.) since 1984 and have visited back and forth every few years. Since they divorced... he has remarried and is now a U.S. citizen.

I confess.... it's not just London.

From Berwick-on-Tweed to Lands End. Lower Slaughter and Upper Slaughter. Dover to Welsh Holyhead. Nether Poppleton to Upper Poppleton. I love it all.

Trip # 10 March 2011

A daytrip to Portsmouth.... spent the entire day at the Historic Shipyard.... exploring the H.M.S. Victory and the H.M.S. Warrior. Absolutely loved the cruise that was included in the ticket.

This was the perfect trip. Didn't get thrown out of Harrods this time.... and the Chocolate/Hazelnut Sundae that I had there was worth every penny of the $21 that it cost me.

• Pros:They are always improving the Tube system.
  • Cons:They are always working on the Tube system.
  • In a nutshell:History around every corner... do you want fries with that?
  • Last visit to London: Mar 2011
  • Intro Written Nov 5, 2011

Comments

BaersMom

“I never met a train that I didn't like.......... even the one that broke down in England!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.