Taiwan Things to Do Tips by xymmot
Taiwan Things to Do: 309 reviews and 528 photos
The Lungshan Temple, also known as Dragon Mountain was built in1738 and has long been devoted to Kuanyin- the Goddess of Mercy. The temple was destroyed by an earthquake in 1815, but its statue of Kuanyin survived to be rehoused in a new temple, which was itself destroyed by a Typhoon in 1867. A new temple was built only to be again demolished by American bombers on a raid against the Japanese in 1945.
The Lungshan Temple was built in the Ching Dynasty. It was restored several times after a series of natural disasters and human damages. The temple's doors, beams and poles are beautifully decorated. There are a pair of delicate bronze dragon poles in the front hall, and another four pairs of dragon poles in the middle hall. There are also exquisite wood sculptures. Among them, the wishing well and the Guanyin setting
Directions: By MRT:
Longshan Temple MRT Station
Inside the walls of the working Temples
They have a national musuem there with many Mainland China artifacts, they change their exhibits timely. The temples are great and given much care and details. (colorful)
More Reviews (1)
xymmot's Related Pages
Taiwan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taiwan - Jewel of the East"
- "Keeweechic's Taiwan"
- "Beautiful Island"
- "Taiwan Country Of Two Halves"
- "Welcome to Taiwan !!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taiwan
- Hotels in Taiwan
- Transportation in Taiwan
- Nightlife in Taiwan
- Restaurants in Taiwan
- Shopping in Taiwan
- Warnings and Dangers in Taiwan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taiwan
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Taiwan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taiwan
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 11 reviews, 47 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos