"general tips to drive USA" United States of America by xymmot
United States of America Travel Guide: 285,646 reviews and 659,506 photos
Just a simple tip that was taught to me about our highway system, it is simple, Even route numbers goes East to West, and odd numbers goes North and South. Example is Interstate 95, being odd, it travels North and South. Where as Interstate 40, being even numbers, it goes West to East. Now that you know that the numbers indicate the direction of the route, you will look at maps and route numbers and know which direction it is heading. So when they say, "go west my son" you will be looking for a even number.
Having part of the American dream, I get to collect a lot of cars that I love. Only in America I can have a house that has a driveway that can park 20 cars. I own six myself which three are convertables. I have been all over the world and not many people have the same options coming from middleclass upbringing. For that I can say, only in America. With these cars, it gives you the freedom of mobility
Whenever I travel into different states, there is always a state run rest area where you can get official maps and guide books to the area. They are free and made for the public to travel the state and see the attractions they have to offer. Some will help with hotel reservations if you need them.
- Pros:great interstate road system from Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Cons:traffic and road rage
- In a nutshell:See the USA in a Cheverolet
xymmot's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 40 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 799 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (126)
Videos in United States of AmericaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 11 reviews, 47 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Top United States of America hotels
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4178 Reviews - 7220 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 649 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1993 Reviews - 4750 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9106 Reviews - 19355 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4378 Reviews - 8781 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5885 Reviews - 12006 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1267 Reviews - 2919 Photos