"Beautiful Days in Beijing" Beijing by purplefeet
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,338 reviews and 15,979 photos
We boarded a Sleeper train to Beijing from Shanghai that traveled overnight. Here is the room with 2 bunk beds each with a mini-tv on the wall. Decent channels, I remember the movie Up was being shown onboard. Book ahead so you can stay in one berth with all your friends. Here, my friend just asked a favor with a fellow passenger if we can stay in one berth instead of in separate rooms. Luckily, the grandpa gave in and so we had a peaceful night prior to arriving to Beijing.
We booked our hostel accommodations online and we are very much pleased with Nine Dragons Hostel. Truly a value for money hostel. It was near a train station and we accidentally bumped into the receptionist who we met on the way to the hostel. It is a no-frills accommodation fit for backpackers that we are.
Finding a place to eat is never a problem in Beijing! Of course you're in China! We found this famous place for Peking duck and was treated to a gustatory feast! If you're not comfy with chop sticks, remember to bring your own spoon and fork as restaurants do not have this normally.
- Pros:delicious cheap food, hostels,
- Cons:familiarizing oneself with bike lanes
- In a nutshell:A backpackers delight!
purplefeet's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pampanga Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Island Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kabayan Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Vigan Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Calauit Island Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taiwan Intro, 1 photo
- Puerto Princesa Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.