"More Support Needed for the Calauit Island Park" Calauit Island by purplefeet
Calauit Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 53 photos
In picture is the entrance to the Calauit Island where the famed park for wild animals can be found. It is the only island in the Philippines where animals roam free but tourists are allowed to feed the girafees. We were in for a surprise.
We boarded the cage truck and despite of the blistering sun's heat we anticipated the close encounters with the animals. Finally there were couple of girafees in sight, we were excited! But up close, the girafees had gaping wounds in their neck which the flies were feasting on. We asked the caretakers if the animals had regular vet check up and they said that yes but only when the funds come in.
We continued on with the tour but really thinking of the sad fate of these animals. Maybe a better development plan for the animals in the park should be in place. the fees that tourists bring in doesn't seem to suffice for the wages of the caretakers and to care for the animals in the park.
purplefeet's Related Pages
Calauit Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Safari in PH"
- "Arriving in Africa"
- "More Support Needed for the Calauit Island Park"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calauit Island
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Calauit Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calauit Island
Photos in Calauit IslandSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pampanga Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Island Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kabayan Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Vigan Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Calauit Island Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taiwan Intro, 1 photo
- Puerto Princesa Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.