"Mays Landing, South Jersey" Mays Landing by Moira126

Mays Landing Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 21 photos

South Jersey Living

One of the perks of living in South Jersey is being able to experience a little bit of everything. It’s no secret that I love nature. I love the beach and I work about a block from the boardwalk and the beach is right there! Isn’t that grand?

But we are not far from lakes, trees, rivers and everything they have to offer. There is natural beauty all around, especially during fall season. The different colors of trees - orange, yellow, red, pink - they could be quite breathtaking! But we still have 4 seasons, each with its own charm. Winter gives off a laid-back vibe. Freshly fallen snow is actually quite picturesque. In the backdrop of Mays Landing with its small town charm, it can be very beautiful.

At the same time, the lure of city entertainment is near. About 20 minutes away, the lights and excitement of Atlantic City is undeniable. I am not much of a gambler but who could ignore the shows and concerts? Or the outlet stores and shopping?! If that is not enough, Philadelphia is about an hour away - or the big New York, New York is only 2 1/2 hours away!

They say Philadelphia is practically in our neighborhood. The exposure to history, culture and the arts is a short drive away. And sports? Hah! There is Phillies fever all around. Since Philadelphia is near, the fever has caught on. Who could blame them when the Phillies won the World Series! This has not happened in nearly 30 years so it was a big deal.

Ahhh New York! The pace is sooo fast, and could be invigorating in a lot of ways. There is a certain energy that could eat you up and feed you, all at the same time. I may not want to live there (could me quite exhausting I imagine), but I am very happy that its not too far. I feel good being able to visit this exciting city and then go home at the end of the day.

There is calm and serene, but there is also high energy and excitement. That’s South Jersey living...

• Intro Updated Feb 18, 2010

Comments

Moira126 Lives Here!

Moira126

“Live. Love. Learn.”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Mays Landing

Have you been to Mays Landing?

Latest Activity in Mays Landing