"Old Turkish town in Western Algeria" Mazouna by shems71
Mazouna Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Mazouna used to be the former regional capital under the Turkish rule. It has kept some Ottoman architecture and the influence can also be seen in the faces, with many blue or green eyes, light-skinned people and Turkish names. Although it is a small town, it has kept its own culture and way of living, especially in the Old Mazouna, though many young people have left the village for the New Mazouna and its new buildings or other big cities around like Oran, Mostaganem or Chlef.
Mazouna is set in the Wilaya (administrative division) of Relizane, a mainly rural region. It is surrounded by beautiful hills and fields with diverse agricultural activities (figs, apricots, melons....) that offer great places to rest, breathe, have a picnic or simply enjoy the peace and the beauty of the place.
- Pros:Peaceful, historically rich, awesome landscape, great food, welcoming & learned people
- Cons:Very hot weather in summer!
- In a nutshell:Turkish influence in a peaceful & beautiful place
shems71's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Mazouna
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mazouna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mazouna
Top 5 Pages
- Mostaganem Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oran Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Tlemcen Intro, 2 photos
- Stidia Intro, 2 photos
- Les Sablettes Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.