"Oran is Algeria's Las Vegas, crazy and restless!" Top 5 Page for this destination Oran by shems71
Oran Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 332 photos
Oran is the birthplace of the well-known Raï, a musical movement mixing Arabic tunes, jazz, western music and local music. It was first exported to France thanks to Cheb Khaled, Cheb Mami and others before being brought to the whole world from Cheb Khaled's hit "Didi", the 1st Arab song to be a bestseller in Israel. Now, Oran is still the place to be for Raï music and all stars begin there, singing first in the numerous nightclubs and cabarets.
- Pros:Beautiful & vibrant city, open-minded, great food, culturally diverse, welcoming, charming & funny people
- Cons:The whole city is on work, so plenty of cranes everywhere!
- In a nutshell:The most open-minded city in North Africa, delighting nightlife, amazing architecture & coast
The Eastern part of Oran Seaside is dominated by the cliffs, bordered by the nice towns of Canastel & Krystel. This... more travel advice
Oran is gifted with a beautiful sea shore, constructed during the French period and inspired from Nice seafront. It... more travel advice
shems71's Related Pages
Oran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maryam's Oran"
- "The Spanish fort of Santa Cruz"
- "Oran is Algeria's Las Vegas, crazy and restless!"
- "THE HISTORY OF CONQUEST"
- "My first trip to Oran!"
- "Oran: a young dude's perspective"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oran
- Hotels in Oran
- Transportation in Oran
- Nightlife in Oran
- Restaurants in Oran
- Warnings and Dangers in Oran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oran
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Oran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oran
Top 5 Pages
- Mostaganem Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oran Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Tlemcen Intro, 2 photos
- Stidia Intro, 2 photos
- Les Sablettes Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.