"Camiguin Island, Philippines" Camiguin Island by armandj
Camiguin Island Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 201 photos
This was the first time I had my summer outing south of the Philippines. We left Cagayan de Oro before dawn by boat to Camiguin Island. We arrived at around 7 in the morning just in time for breakfast at Tanguines Lagoon. The restaurant was built inside the lagoon. It was quite refreshing to see fishes swimming underneath. While waiting for our food, we looked over the "bird zoo" located near the resto.
Very refreshing to be here. You can feel the mist splashing your face and it was a very cool feeling. The water (falls) was so strong, you'll probably break your neck if you swim right underneath.
While in Camiguin Is., we also visited the White Island. It's a very small island, almost like a sand bar but it would take about 10 minute-banca ride to reach there. There were no fixed buildings there, only shanties for the local folks who sell food and drinks. No electricity. No toilet. Before night, the shanties have to be dismantled and no one stays in the island because during high tide, the island is underwater.
- Pros:Perfect for nature lovers.
- Cons:A day wouldn't be enough to see all the wonderful sites.
- In a nutshell:All natural! Commune with nature.
armandj's Related Pages
Camiguin Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAMIGUIN MAKES YOU COME AGAIN!!!"
- "My first trip to Camiguin Island"
- "Camiguin - Born of Fire"
- "Camiguin: sun, sea, sky"
- "Awesome Camiguin"
- "A Born of fire"
- "Nice Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camiguin Island
- Hotels in Camiguin Island
- Transportation in Camiguin Island
- Restaurants in Camiguin Island
- Shopping in Camiguin Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Southern Thailand
- Province of Ontario
- Bloemfontein Hotels
- Playa del Ingles Hotels
- Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area Hotels
- Pahautane Hotels
- Colonia del Sacramento
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Aloguinsan Hotels
- Meaux Hotels
Badges & Stats in Camiguin Island
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Camiguin Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camiguin Island
Photos in Camiguin IslandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Camiguin Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Jose Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Juan Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Lake Taal Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 3 photos
- Quezon City 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Butuan Intro, 3 photos