"Taal Lake, Taal, Batangas" Lake Taal by armandj
Lake Taal Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 36 photos
There are different routes going to Taal, Batangas. In our case, we went there via Tagaytay City. It would take about an hour and a half drive going down to Taal, Batangas. The road is a 2-way lane, zigzaging by the edge of the mountain. Morning is the best time to travel and on a clear day.
From Taal, Batangas, it will take another 15-minute boat ride to the foot of Mt Taal.
A boat can accomodate 10 passengers.
From the foot of the mountain, it will take about an hour and a half uphill trek to the tip of the lake. Horses are available for those who can't manage the long walk but it will cost you about US$10 for the ride aside from the fee you pay before the trek.
We preferred to walk. It's good for the heart. And cheaper.
The long trek is all worth it once you get to see the lake. Going down is a lot easier and faster.
- Pros:Good exercise. Breathtaking view.
- Cons:Sunburn. Long trek up.
- In a nutshell:Must see! A lake within a lake!
armandj's Related Pages
Lake Taal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lake in a Volcano in a Lake in a Volcano"
- "Taal Lake, Taal, Batangas"
- "Taal Volcano"
- "WE SCALED THE WORLD'S SMALLEST ACTIVE VOLCANO!"
- "LAKE TAAL"
- "Trip to Taal Volcano"
- "Crater Lake of the Philippines"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Taal
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lake Taal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Taal
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Camiguin Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Juan Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Jose Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Lake Taal Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 3 photos
- Quezon City 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Butuan Intro, 3 photos