"Iwakuni" Iwakuni by didier06
Iwakuni Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 28 photos
During our stay in Hiroshima , we went to Iwakuni which is located 40 kms south of Hiroshima.
There is a beautiful bridge with five steps arches called "Kintai-Kyo".
It's unique because the original bridge was built during the XVII century without nails.
Destroy by floods in 1920, it was rebuild to identical in the 50's.
In the ancient times, only samourais could use it, other people have to cross the river by boat.
After crossing the bridge (300 yens), the cable car lead us to the top of the moutain where is the castle of Iwakuni.
This small castle also was rebuild during the XX century, inside there is some old weapons and armours.
didier06's Related Pages
Iwakuni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "under construction"
- "I was stationed at MCAS Iwakuni for a year."
- "IWAKUNI - YAMAGUCHI PREFECTURE"
- "Vondell's Iwakuni Page"
- "Iwakuni "
- "rski's new Iwakuni Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iwakuni
- Hotels in Iwakuni
- Transportation in Iwakuni
- Nightlife in Iwakuni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iwakuni
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Iwakuni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iwakuni
Top 10 Pages
- London 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Centre Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Nice 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Tokyo 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Hokkaido Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Sapporo Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.