"LOIRE VALLEY" Centre by didier06
Centre Travel Guide: 1,679 reviews and 5,577 photos
The country of the LOIRE valley castles spans on three ancients provinces, Orléanais, Anjou et Touraine.
There is no exhaustive list of these castles, most of them were built or remodeled during the French renaissance.Among the best known, Chambord, Chenonceau, Cheverny,Villandry, Amboise,Valencay.
The castles are not the only attraction of this area also known for its mild climate and for its wines.
A winemaker tradition that dates back to the fifht century, a great diversity of wines, white, red or rosé, dry or sweet, wines from Saumur, Tours ou Chinon, the choice is vast. Many producers offers tours of their cellars.
The main cities are Angers, Tours et Blois
In april 2009 we traveled in this area during one week, we visited numerous castles and enjoy the attractions of this area.
Chambord is the largest castle in the Loire valley and very recognizable for its French renaissance architecture. ... more travel advice
In the fifteenth century, the bueil family build a castle on the site of a former stronghold. After some different... more travel advice
didier06's Related Pages
Centre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Loire Valley"
- "France-Centre of mine"
- "Where All the Great Chateaux Are!"
- "The center of France, the valley of kings"
- "Centre is the center of France"
- "Loire Valley - Garden of France"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Centre
- Hotels in Centre
- Transportation in Centre
- Nightlife in Centre
- Restaurants in Centre
- Shopping in Centre
- Warnings and Dangers in Centre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Centre
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Centre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Centre
Top 10 Pages
- London 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Centre Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Nice 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Tokyo 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Hokkaido Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Sapporo Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.